The Student Room Group

UEA Medicine with a Foundation year a104 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by bad8oy
have you sent your application off and if you have have UEA informed you that they have recieved it yet??? i sent mine off a while ago but not been informed

I sent mine yesterday morning so I don't expect to hear back that quickly :P when did you send yours off? Maybe they'll acknowledge yours after they've received all applications? :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Sheo
I sent mine yesterday morning so I don't expect to hear back that quickly :P when did you send yours off? Maybe they'll acknowledge yours after they've received all applications? :smile:

sent mine off 7th of october lol i recieved everything from southampton and thats all sorted but UEA havnt even acknowledged it. maybe your right. Please let me know when you do hear anything from them and ill do the same :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by bad8oy
sent mine off 7th of october lol i recieved everything from southampton and thats all sorted but UEA havnt even acknowledged it. maybe your right. Please let me know when you do hear anything from them and ill do the same :smile:

haha, reading the 2012 thread for this course, it seems like UEA is pretty slow with their processing of applications for the A104 course. of course, I will do! :smile:

I'm assuming you applied for the BM6 course at southampton? :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Sheo
haha, reading the 2012 thread for this course, it seems like UEA is pretty slow with their processing of applications for the A104 course. of course, I will do! :smile:

I'm assuming you applied for the BM6 course at southampton? :smile:

yeah :biggrin: did you apply there aswell???
Reply 24
Original post by bad8oy
yeah :biggrin: did you apply there aswell???

I did indeed! :smile: also applied for the nottingham A108 course?
Reply 25
Original post by Sheo
I did indeed! :smile: also applied for the nottingham A108 course?

yep :P but i only fit 2 criteria from section B at nottingham. I rang them up and they said your application will be considered so apply...but im not getting my hopes up for it. Hopefully ill get an offer from one of these 3 or i will just have to work and make sure i get 3A's and reapply after a gap year.
are you applying to any others??
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by bad8oy
yep :P but i only fit 2 criteria from section B at nottingham. I rang them up and they said your application will be considered so apply...but im not getting my hopes up for it. Hopefully ill get an offer from one of these 3 or i will just have to work and make sure i get 3A's and reapply after a gap year.
are you applying to any others??

I'm exactly the same! :tongue: only 2 from section B. Worth a shot anyway!

fingers crossed! :smile: I'm actually a gap year student! but didn't quite get the grades.. ABB. so I'm going to try for the 3 foundation med courses, and apply for 2 additional back up choices(which I'm not decided on yet- will be along the lines of biomedical sciences). Let's just hope for the best! :smile:

How about yourself?
Reply 27
Original post by Sheo
I'm exactly the same! :tongue: only 2 from section B. Worth a shot anyway!

fingers crossed! :smile: I'm actually a gap year student! but didn't quite get the grades.. ABB. so I'm going to try for the 3 foundation med courses, and apply for 2 additional back up choices(which I'm not decided on yet- will be along the lines of biomedical sciences). Let's just hope for the best! :smile:

How about yourself?

i got predicted A*AB. I applied to clinical sciences at Bradford if you get above 70% they give you a chance to get onto leeds medical course but they let you join the 2nd year and premed at lancaster. Hopefully we both get an offer from one of the 3 :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by bad8oy
i got predicted A*AB. I applied to clinical sciences at Bradford if you get above 70% they give you a chance to get onto leeds medical course but they let you join the 2nd year and premed at lancaster. Hopefully we both get an offer from one of the 3 :smile:

ah okay. yeah let's hope! :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Sheo

ye what kind of stuff are you doing in your year out???
Hey all, good luck to all of you that have applied for the a104 UEA course. Sorry it's been so dead on this thread from me, but after muuuuch hesitation I decided not to go with medicine as a whole and will be applying for the healthcare science courses at various unis.

So yeah, take over potentials, wish you alll the best of luck for the whole process!!
Reply 31
Original post by Sheo

I recieved email of notification from UEA finally :smile: thought i'd just let you know
Reply 32
Original post by bad8oy
I recieved email of notification from UEA finally :smile: thought i'd just let you know

yes me too! :smile: they were quicker than I thought they would be! Southampton got back to me too, it's a good day haha :tongue:
Reply 33
Original post by Sheo
yes me too! :smile: they were quicker than I thought they would be! Southampton got back to me too, it's a good day haha :tongue:

Ye haha now I am just waiting for Nottingham, and best of luck too you :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 34
Original post by bad8oy
Ye haha now I am just waiting for Nottingham, and best of luck too you :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

haha yes :tongue: you too!
Hi everyone :biggrin:

Who else has applied for this course, 2013 entry?
Just wondering if you guys have received your questionnaire yet? I have only received an e-mail that states that they are now considering my application.

''We are now considering your application. Due to the high volume of applications received it may take some time to process. We ask for your patience and will be in touch with you as soon as possible.''

I'm very nervous about it all!
Reply 36
Original post by Trafficongestion
Hi everyone :biggrin:

Who else has applied for this course, 2013 entry?
Just wondering if you guys have received your questionnaire yet? I have only received an e-mail that states that they are now considering my application.

''We are now considering your application. Due to the high volume of applications received it may take some time to process. We ask for your patience and will be in touch with you as soon as possible.''

I'm very nervous about it all!

yes that's the only thing I have too! Don't worry about it, I think with the amount of applications they have to process it'll all take some time. :smile:
Original post by Sheo
yes that's the only thing I have too! Don't worry about it, I think with the amount of applications they have to process it'll all take some time. :smile:

I hope so... I read that last year some didn't receive it and that had meant that they were rejected from the start. It's still early though so I am keeping my fingers crossed and trying to be patient! :colondollar:

What subjects do you guys take, and is UAE your first choice?
I received another email today :biggrin:
Reply 39
Does anyone know if there is a UKCAT cut off and how much UEA look at the UKCAT?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending