The Student Room Group

UEA Medicine with a Foundation year a104 2013

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys! I have applied my UKCAT is about 600 my predicted grades are ABB my grades last year were BC(this for english lit has now been increased to a B) C and my GCSEs were 2A*s 5As 3Bs 2 distinctions and 1C. I adore the look of UEA! The people seem so genuine! I'd love to go here :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by Sophocrates
I fit 2 of them. What about you? Umm, I don't actually know... I think it's just that you need to be eligible for at least 1 then you're considered equally to other applicants who have passed that stage? That's how BM6 at Soton is.

I hope this is true! I missed out on the "attended a school... criteria" by 1%!!!!!
Hey guys....I'm panicking as I can't seeM to navigate the SOCIAL CRITERIA FORM:sigh:
I can't see the link :frown:
Can someone send me it please.
Thanks in advance x
Original post by TheFootyKing19
Everyone received an email regarding the Social Contextual Questionnaire? :smile:

Hey...I can't find the link to the Social context Questionnaire...would you be kind enough to send me the form or a precise link as I'm panicking!
Thank youuu :smile: xxx

I can't locate it via the link they've provided on the email.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by Granny11
okay so i really can't be asked to read through the 4 pages of writing here... but i am one of the successful 25 applicants who made it in this year... i am more than happy to help anyone who may have questions or so on the course or general a104 life on uni campus however i am very rarely on tsr... so if you would like somewhat faster responses you may privately message me your emails and as such i shall contact you for you to initiate as such :smile: i can't publicise my email to public through a response here and there are just too many to individually send a private message to each of you with my email so feel free to contact me through here... i shall be checking tsr for the next week or so for private messages :smile:

to give a little profile: i got abb at a2, 647.5 average in ukcat and i am the representative for all a104 students of 2012 (so me + the other 24...), so i should in theory know quite a bit what its like to go through the whole a104 experience, which i do, but in reality i end up organising our get togethers and general fun :P i'm offering help as i know just how difficult it can be to apply for courses such as this one at uea... to be one of the 25 narrowed down from just under 1000 people... it's tough... and to clarify for people, when it says 25 people... there are only 25 that make it!

As I'm new to tsr, I'm not really familiar with sending private messages. I scored really badly in my ukcat, how does UEA use the ukcat for selection? Thanks in advance .
I've only just been sent the social criteria questionnaire but at least I have it! :biggrin:
Original post by Trafficongestion
I've only just been sent the social criteria questionnaire but at least I have it! :biggrin:

Woo! :biggrin:
Reply 67
Did anyone else receive an email from a medical admissions ambassador? I'm a bit concerned as the entire email suggests I am international applicant but I'm not??!! I've emailed UEA anyway.
Original post by Sophocrates
I fit 2 of them. What about you? Umm, I don't actually know... I think it's just that you need to be eligible for at least 1 then you're considered equally to other applicants who have passed that stage? That's how BM6 at Soton is.

I hope that's the case seeing as I only fit one of the criterias and I don't live in East Anglia either.
Reply 69
I sent off my criteria form a week ago but don't know if they received it because no email of acknowledgement and they haven't sent it back :frown: I rang up but they don't answer it goes straight to voicemail leave name and number after the tone :s

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 70
Sent my criteria form, I live in East Anglia and fulfilled one of the criteria, hopefully will put me in good standing :-). Although, my poor UKCAT (622.5) and AS levels: BBBB may provide an adverse effect on my application
Reply 71
Anyone heard anything new yet?
Reply 72
do they send confirmation of receiving your criteria form?
^ No they don't. Lets get this thread rolling again!
Reply 74
Anyone else a tad worried about their interview process? :/
Reply 75
Original post by stoppy123
Anyone else a tad worried about their interview process? :/

Well, can you please explain their interview process? I don't fully understand their interview process :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Original post by sortedguy
Well, can you please explain their interview process? I don't fully understand their interview process :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's like several stations and each one is scored...like one could be as scenario, one could just be a chat etc?
I sent off mine record delivery too.

I heard that there are 3 stations?
Reply 78
haven't got the form yet :frown:
Original post by dggs123
haven't got the form yet :frown:

The deadline was on 12th December... :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending