The Student Room Group

Post 18 help - which way?

Hi,

Third post and I need help again.

I've decided to take a year out to get my head clear and find out what I really want to do. I currently work in a supermarket part-time as I have said before and also have a passion for radio. The plan was to use this year to apply for University again, get some experience in radio and continue working in my local Supermarket. I was also going to try and move up to a Team Leader's position during my year off however not much is happening with that at the moment. Half of me wants to radio but the other half of me really wants to become a Team Leader for some odd reason. I probbaly will do it and hate it. I've got my parents going on at me 24/7 saying this year is going to be a waste which I keep saying it won't. So, I'm going to apply for University again. What would you say then - go to University next year or find an alternative route into radio, become a Team Leader (unlikely - I've asked several times) or join a Business Trainee Management Programme in a Supermarket. Help need urgently please. What are your thoughts?

Cheers guys!
Reply 1
Research your routes into Radio, you might not need a degree. If thats what you want to do then go for it, I wouldn't settle for just being a Team Leader when its not your dream.
Reply 2
Thanks Shelly, my heart is telling me one thing and my head the other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending