The Student Room Group

A bit worried

Ok, well I've been on the pill for about 2 years now, and have pretty much never taken it late and have taken precautions (I.E doubled up protection most of the time) if I took my pill too late.

I'm due a week off from my pill and it's been two days since I finished my pack and nothing's happened. It's happened to me before and everything was fine, and I am feeling stomach cramps as usual, but nothing.

Should I be worried? How long does it usually take to have a withdrawal bleed usually? I get the feeling I'm just worrying about nothing.
Reply 1
mine usually comes three to four days after. my doctor also said that sometimes you dont even bleed. however she did say if you miss two bleeds go and get an examination at the doctors - pregancy test and various other things to check you're ok. surely after two years there have been discrepancies like these?
Reply 2
when i was on the pill i would stop taking it on the sunday and the normally wouldn't start my period until the wednesday so i don't think there's anything to worry about if you've taken the proper precautions. however, if you are worried do a pregnancy test, just to be on the safe side.
Reply 3
I normally had about 3 pill free days before anything happened. And the fact that you're having stomach cramps suggests something is going to happen soon. Try not to worry about it, it sounds like you've used it as well as you possibly could which means it is a very very effective method of contraception.
Hmm wait a few days, but if nothing changes then it might be worth just checking things with the doctor, just to reassure yourself!
:ditto:

Worrying about pregnancy very often helps produce more phantom syptoms.

My period doesn't come for 4 or 5 days after I stop taking my pills for the 7 day break, and I carry on bleeding until i have taken 3 or so from the next packet.

Its very unlikely there is anything to worry about, and you seem like the sensible sort :smile:

I mean, even in the unlikeliest of senarios you did happen to become pregnant by mistake- you can take a pill these days which induces miscarriage, but I serously doubt it will even come to that ..
Reply 6
Thanks everyone for your help. I haven't really had many problems at all with the pill, (no missed bleeds etc), and I've been pretty used to the same things every month.

I still am getting cramps, so I'm trying not to worry. If worst comes to worst, I'll go see my doctor.

Thanks for all your advice, I appreciate it very much! :smile: Made me feel more at ease as I worry too much sometimes!

Latest

Trending

Trending