The Student Room Group

Woman who's face was eaten by chimp seeking $150m compensation

Hey Guys;

Well, I'm sure many of you have heard of the chimp who had eaten it's owners face before being gunned down by the local police force. Well, the woman who survives without her original hands, face, nose and eyes is suing the state of Connecticut for $150m for "the state failed to protect the public, including herself, from a dangerous animal."

What is your view on this?

Why is it people are suing left, right and centre now days?! :eek:

Blutooth was kind enough to provide a link - Link to Blutooth's post.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scienceisgood
Hey Guys;

Well, I'm sure many of you have heard of the chimp who had eaten it's owners face before being gunned down by the local police force. Well, the woman who survives without her original hands, face, nose and eyes is suing the state of Connecticut for $150m for "the state failed to protect the public, including herself, from a dangerous animal."

What is your view on this?

Why is it people are suing left, right and centre now days?! :eek:

Reminds me how much I hate the suing culture, where did she get the $150 mill fee from?
Hang on, wasn't it her bloody animal? It's not the state's fault that she kept a dangerous creature - cheeky ****.

That said, I do feel bad for her.
Reply 3
There is no way she'll get $150m. There is a formula that's used. You can't just ask for $150m.
Reply 4
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Amhorangerdgerriug
Hang on, wasn't it her bloody animal? It's not the state's fault that she kept a dangerous creature - cheeky ****.

No, I believe it belonged to a close friend of her's. I think the friend's passed away now.
I think now she's suing because of how long it took the state department to respond and subdue the animal.
Reply 6
Original post by Amhorangerdgerriug

It wasn't her animal.
She will fail - she won't be able to establish causation and this incident is just too remote. The law is monkey business :teehee:
She really should just face the consequences
Original post by aWildPidgey

Was that meant to be funny?
Reply 10
Don't you have to be able prove potential financial 'loss' before you can start suing any old amount? If not, then you should. $150 million is a ridiculous figure. She won't see any of it.
Whilst i feel terribly sorry for what has happened to her and the suffering she now has to endure for the rest of her life. I can't help but feel a little annoyed by all this suing culture we have at the moment and where on earth did she pluck the ridiculous figure of 150 million from? :confused:
Reply 12

I see what you did there.......lol

Why should she? Fighting with a chimp and losing... talk about a face-off.
Reply 14
The state didnt send the monkey to attack her why should they be liable, especially for such an outrageous amount ? :s-smilie:
Taxpayers should sue her for being a greedy monkey by suing the state and her late friend's estate.
Original post by spiral87
Don't you have to be able prove potential financial 'loss' before you can start suing any old amount? If not, then you should. $150 million is a ridiculous figure. She won't see any of it.

She might be able to scrape $1m; $150m is bloody ridiculous!
Reply 17
While I feel sorry for what happened to her, she knew about the chimp's condition but didn't stop herself getting involved or seeking some sort of animal control help. It isn't the duty of the state or the tax payers to give $150m to her, that's just ridiculous.
Reply 18
I do not agree the chimpanzee should have been allowed to be kept as a pet. The biologists warning should have been heeded. I believe her medical bills and care should be provided for. However, to sue for $150M is ridiculous.
Reply 19
For your inconvinience,

7XKtY.png

Dayum.

Worse than Ralph Poppo or even Rufus the Stunt Bum?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending