The Student Room Group

House of Fraser Interview

Hey guys, I have been invited to the first round group auditions for sales advisor at House of Fraser, and the dress code is : Dress to impress, demonstrating your natural style and individuality!
Do you wear smart work clothes, or something more casual that is your natural style? It does also say (Please remember that this is an interview and jeans/trainers/hooded tops are not permitted)
Any Ideas?

Had to repost due to accidently deleting this thread
Reply 1
Hi, I've been working at House of Fraser for a year now, as a sales adviser on a Weekends. For my interview I wore a casual skirt with a cream top and a light blue blazer so I went in-between smart and casual but it all depends which department your interview is for :smile:
Reply 2
Hiya,
Thanks for that. See I don't know what department it's for. It just said House of Fraser- Sales advisor. I was thinking pencil skirt and a pattern blouse? Do you have to wear tights? and what's recommended for footwear?
Reply 3
Hi,
I also got invited for the group auditions. I haven't actually attended an interview like this of any sort, could anyone shed some light on what a group assessment is?
Reply 4
yeah a pencil skirt and blouse sounds good, i would wear tights because at work we have to wear tights when wearing a skirts or dresses :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Fabbiha
Hi,
I also got invited for the group auditions. I haven't actually attended an interview like this of any sort, could anyone shed some light on what a group assessment is?

Hi Fabbiha,

I've just recently been to a HOF group interview, basically - its a group of about 8-10 candidates split into 2 groups. you will be given a brief explaining that a customer wishes to purchase an outfit, the brief will tell you the profile of the person. (Mine was a guy aged between 28-32, laid back, trendy guy)

Your task will be to discuss with your group how you would assist him (by deciding what kind of answers you'd ask him) then go out on to the shop floor and pick his outfit based on the question/answers you all worked out in your group. You will then be required to do a short presentation in front of the interviewers.

The task is really about how well you work with your team and how well you communicate as it's really not as daunting as it sounds - just be yourself, be confident and work well within your team. Theres no role play or anything silly like that.

If you're successful with this stage of the recruitment process they will call you back for a 1 on 1 interview. These obviously no guarantee you group interview will be the same as mine but I hope this gives you an idea of what to expect.

I really hope this helps you - i was searching for the same info last night but couldn't find it so thought id reply back to you if it helps - coz im nice like that.:smile:

If you need any more help/info let me know. Good luck!
Reply 6
got one next week, so nervous, so did you ask things like what brands do they like wearing, the colours, size. Or am i completely on the wrong track :/
Reply 7
Original post by cam12
Hi Fabbiha,

I've just recently been to a HOF group interview, basically - its a group of about 8-10 candidates split into 2 groups. you will be given a brief explaining that a customer wishes to purchase an outfit, the brief will tell you the profile of the person. (Mine was a guy aged between 28-32, laid back, trendy guy)

Your task will be to discuss with your group how you would assist him (by deciding what kind of answers you'd ask him) then go out on to the shop floor and pick his outfit based on the question/answers you all worked out in your group. You will then be required to do a short presentation in front of the interviewers.

The task is really about how well you work with your team and how well you communicate as it's really not as daunting as it sounds - just be yourself, be confident and work well within your team. Theres no role play or anything silly like that.

If you're successful with this stage of the recruitment process they will call you back for a 1 on 1 interview. These obviously no guarantee you group interview will be the same as mine but I hope this gives you an idea of what to expect.

I really hope this helps you - i was searching for the same info last night but couldn't find it so thought id reply back to you if it helps - coz im nice like that.:smile:

If you need any more help/info let me know. Good luck!

got one tomorrow, so nervous, so did you ask things like what brands do they like wearing, the colours, size. Or am i completely on the wrong track :/
Reply 8
Hi cam12,

I've been for an interview at HOF before and made it through to the group assessment but unfortunately I didn't meet the benchmark and I was so gutted about this. However, I have applied again and got another interview with HOF but at a different store, I am still nervous and really eager to pass the group assessment this time and hoping to get the job, do you have any tips or advice for me?
And did you pass the assessment and 1:1 interview? I could really use your help!
Thanks
Kiki

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending