The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Motorbike at Exeter

Not sure if anybody on here will be able to help me but I thought it was worth a try.

I'm going to be bringing my motorbike to Uni with me next month and simply wanted to find out what the parking situation is like.

I know that there are some motorbike areas dotted around campus but I just wondered if they were too fussy about people not using these. At my last University, Lancaster, their policy was that you could park anywhere as long as you were not taking up a car parking space and that it wasn't blocking any footpaths/causing an inconvenience. Is Exeter the same?

Thanks.
Here is the page with information about parking: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/students/life/carparking/ Though it doesn't mention motorbikes, you'll notice that the 'full regulations' make clear this this policy includes them.

I have no idea whether or not the University's traffic wardens have any leniency for motorbikes. The local council certainly won't, and the vast majority of surrounding roads are permit-only (and assuming that you will be living in halls, you won't be able to get a permit).

I would check this out in advance with the uni.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending