The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

**dorchester house**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Redpandapie
Yea FG89...they're changing it now because it was incorrect - mine said that but it doesn't anymore...I think I panicked a bunch of ppl on Facebook lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I rang them striaght up and was enquiring haha.. it has changed now so panic over!! x
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Block A, first floor, flat 3, 3.4
happy it's not ground floor anyway
Reply 82
How do we find out how many people are on our floor?
Reply 83
Original post by olg207
How do we find out how many people are on our floor?

i dont know i would like to know :smile: but i think the point number is your room number mine is 9.5 so i think i am in room 5 so at least five people...this is just a theory though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Block C, Second Floor - Flat 95 - 95.4
Know of two other girls that are also in this flat.
Reply 85
Still havent got anything :frown:
Reply 86
Original post by Killerjax
Still havent got anything :frown:

did you not get an email to do the induction?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Original post by katie55
did you not get an email to do the induction?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No the email i got says this

Dear Student

Following on from yesterdays Homefinders Day we hope you have now found suitable accommodation for your first year in Bournemouth.

However, we are aware that there will still be some students who were not able to attend yesterday and we now need to identify which students are still looking for managed housing here in Bournemouth. We will still actively look on your behalf and monitor any cancellations which may come in
Reply 88
No the email i got says this

have you not got a room there?
Reply 89
Original post by katie55
have you not got a room there?

No i have nothing :frown:
Reply 90
No i have nothing :frown:

Do you have a back up place or somewhere to live until something comes up?
Reply 91
Original post by katie55
Do you have a back up place or somewhere to live until something comes up?

No not at all. I live very far away and the only other option i had was living at home.

I called them today and they told me that the chances of halls of residence are slim even though a few weeks ago they told me that i was next on the list in case any cancellations were made which they assured me that there will be (there were 6 cancellations at the time).

Not sure what to do now, i really really want to live in halls, not too keen on living in private accommodation.

Any advice?
Reply 92
No not at all. I live very far away and the only other option i had was living at home.

I called them today and they told me that the chances of halls of residence are slim even though a few weeks ago they told me that i was next on the list in case any cancellations were made which they assured me that there will be (there were 6 cancellations at the time).

Not sure what to do now, i really really want to live in halls, not too keen on living in private accommodation.

Any advice?

I would imagine if more people are going to drop out it will be after they move in and decide they may not like it or some people might just be trying to know some people then move into private, the problem with that is that you don't know how long it will take so you should probably try and find somewhere that you can rent on a weekly basis and can move out of quickly if something comes out, i dont really know what advice i can offer, sorry.... but good luck
Reply 93
Original post by katie55
i dont know i would like to know :smile: but i think the point number is your room number mine is 9.5 so i think i am in room 5 so at least five people...this is just a theory though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that could be right! However means nothing to me as I'm in flat 140.1 so I have no idea :biggrin:

I'm moving up to Dorchester House on Saturday but quick question for you all are you moving and staying or are some of you getting your keys and stuff then leaving again???
Original post by CM12
Yeah that could be right! However means nothing to me as I'm in flat 140.1 so I have no idea :biggrin:

I'm moving up to Dorchester House on Saturday but quick question for you all are you moving and staying or are some of you getting your keys and stuff then leaving again???

What block and floor are you on? I'm from up north so when I get my keys I have no option but to move in lol. It'd be a long drive back home otherwise!

Reply 95
Original post by Redpandapie
What block and floor are you on? I'm from up north so when I get my keys I have no option but to move in lol. It'd be a long drive back home otherwise!

I'm on the first floor in block D flat 140 found no one in my flat yet :biggrin:
Original post by CM12
I'm on the first floor in block D flat 140 found no one in my flat yet :biggrin:

Nevermind, I'm in 141! Hi neighbour! I haven't found any of my flatmates either but plenty of ppl from 142 and 143 on Facebook!

I'm in block C second floor flat 95.5 :biggrin:
Block D ground floor 138

Posted from TSR Mobile
are all you guy's n gal's going to do undergraduate course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending