The Student Room Group

New Look Interview/Working at New Look

Haven't come across any recent threads about the interview process of new look nor working there.

If anyone has had an interview there recently what is the interview structure like?

If anyone works there, what are your hours/flexibility like? Do you enjoy the job?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Ive been for an interview there about 3 months ago. I explained i could only work 2 weekends of the month but any other days/ times were fine the manager said thats fine as we have plenty of weekend staff! Interview was really poor to be honest, didnt last long and the only question i got asked was whats my must have item of the season.
I was flexible with my hours apart from the weekends i stated in my interview but they lost a staff member and decided i had to work every weekend now even though i couldnt. They got very nasty about it so i handed in my notice. Rotas for the following week didnt ever go up until a day or two before and if they changed your hours you never got told, so frequently people would show up to find out their now off or not show up and were due in.
My wages got messed up on my third paycheck and i asked the manager to sort it and she didn't, the assistant manager didn't either so i called payroll myself as id been paid £24 for the entire month!
The whole store was poorly run which is a shame, I'll miss my 50% discount
Reply 2
Original post by sunny2
Ive been for an interview there about 3 months ago. I explained i could only work 2 weekends of the month but any other days/ times were fine the manager said thats fine as we have plenty of weekend staff! Interview was really poor to be honest, didnt last long and the only question i got asked was whats my must have item of the season.
I was flexible with my hours apart from the weekends i stated in my interview but they lost a staff member and decided i had to work every weekend now even though i couldnt. They got very nasty about it so i handed in my notice. Rotas for the following week didnt ever go up until a day or two before and if they changed your hours you never got told, so frequently people would show up to find out their now off or not show up and were due in.
My wages got messed up on my third paycheck and i asked the manager to sort it and she didn't, the assistant manager didn't either so i called payroll myself as id been paid £24 for the entire month!
The whole store was poorly run which is a shame, I'll miss my 50% discount

what branch was this?
You might not want this information now but I went for a job interview at New Look today, it lasted for about 30 minutes all in all and was very laid back but formal at the same time. I was asked what I would do in certain situations and she also gave me 5 minutes to find a full outfit for her to wear with a budget of £100. She gave me an application form and said if successful, I'll need a driving license, passport or full birth certificate.

I got home and she rang me 2 hours after and said I've got the job :smile: it's quite easy really, just remember the customer always comes first if they give you priority tasks, hope this was of use :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending