The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Freshers/Induction Week

Is there a freshers/induction week at Keele? I know that term starts on the 24th of September but do first year students need to go earlier? like a week or something? When will we be told?
They have to inform us about these things much earlier. especially non-Uk citizens cos we need to book our tickes quite early to get the dates we want. Ideally I would like to book mine next week.

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I would email the university directly.

Sarah
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Sazarina88
Hi,

I would email the university directly.

Sarah

hey thanks for the reply. Anyway as soon as I posted the thread, I did what Mediterranean people do best: I picked up the phone and called and got my answer:smile: so for all the NEW KEELE STUDENTS

it's 23rd of September {Saturday} if you are going to live in the Halls
and 25th of September {Monday} if you wont!:smile:
Reply 3
mrteacher
hey thanks for the reply. Anyway as soon as I posted the thread, I did what Mediterranean people do best: I picked up the phone and called and got my answer:smile: so for all the NEW KEELE STUDENTS

it's 23rd of September {Saturday} if you are going to live in the Halls
and 25th of September {Monday} if you wont!:smile:

I'm confused so does that mean there is a freshers week,:confused:
Reply 4
Lettuce
I'm confused so does that mean there is a freshers week,:confused:

yes but it will just be the first week of normal term:smile: we dont have to go a week earlier or something:smile: just letting you know. those of you that are in the UK dont really have to bother just yet:smile:xx
Reply 5
mrteacher
yes but it will just be the first week of normal term:smile: we dont have to go a week earlier or something:smile: just letting you know. those of you that are in the UK dont really have to bother just yet:smile:xx

Cheers thanks for the info. I was wandering too although i only live in wales curiosity mainly
Reply 6
Lettuce
Cheers thanks for the info. I was wandering too although i only live in wales curiosity mainly

aah u r from wales? i already love u then:smile: i love welsh people lol:smile:
well i dont have to book my ticket yet but it gets very hard to find the date u want so i want to do it as early as possible to get it out of my mind!
Reply 7
mrteacher
aah u r from wales? i already love u then:smile: i love welsh people lol:smile:
well i dont have to book my ticket yet but it gets very hard to find the date u want so i want to do it as early as possible to get it out of my mind!

hehe :hugs: Yeah I agree with having the date in mind so that you can book your ticket, i'm keeping the date in mind so that I can put in the book at work when my last day is forward planning. Do you have an unconditional? What subjects you hoping to do?
Reply 8
Lettuce
hehe :hugs: Yeah I agree with having the date in mind so that you can book your ticket, i'm keeping the date in mind so that I can put in the book at work when my last day is forward planning. Do you have an unconditional? What subjects you hoping to do?

yeah i have an unconditional:smile: you ll see me around next year! i ll be doing Lit:smile:
Reply 9
mrteacher
yeah i have an unconditional:smile: you ll see me around next year! i ll be doing Lit:smile:

:shakehand Hopefully if i get my grades, though i am on course to get them, so might see you in September. I'm hoping to do law with economics
Reply 10
Lettuce
:shakehand Hopefully if i get my grades, though i am on course to get them, so might see you in September. I'm hoping to do law with economics

nice:smile: a friend of mine does law with criminology, really likes it:biggrin: u will of course see me:smile: dont worry too much. u know u will get the grades and even if u miss them by a little bit u will still get in:biggrin:
I'll definately see you in september!
I really can't wait for freshers week...its gonna be one big long p!ss up!
It's gonna be really strange living away from newcastle (upon tyne)...wonder if there is many geordie's in keele?
I've got a sign/registration plate for my dorm door saying "geordie pete's room" - so dont be afraid to come and say hi!
By the way Lettuce, what grades do ya need? Finger's crossed for you!
What also will be wierd is that i will be coming up 21, and some people have just turned 18...lmao...
I'm nearly a mature student...cool!
Sorry...i know my comments are a bit random - but im just so excited to come to keele!

Pete
Reply 12
geordiepete
It's gonna be really strange living away from newcastle (upon tyne)...wonder if there is many geordie's in keele?
I've got a sign/registration plate for my dorm door saying "geordie pete's room" - so dont be afraid to come and say hi!
What also will be wierd is that i will be coming up 21, and some people have just turned 18...lmao...
Sorry...i know my comments are a bit random - but im just so excited to come to keele!

Pete

hey pete:smile: we must definitely hang out:smile: ill be 20 and 4 months when i come to Keele:smile: am so excited too. yeayy cant believe how much my mood swings. :P
mrteacher
hey pete:smile: we must definitely hang out:smile: ill be 20 and 4 months when i come to Keele:smile: am so excited too. yeayy cant believe how much my mood swings. :P

Yea, definately!
Hmm...i'll be 20 and 9 months when i come!
You know how we are doing combined honours degrees? Do we get much free time considering we have to study two subjects and csp modules?

Pete
Reply 14
geordiepete

Pete

I need BBC so its not too hard to get and i'm kinda capable of getting them so i'm not too nervous about whether I can get the grades. Though I have to say I will be quite far away from home and the first time properly away from my Twin sister so i'm nervous about that and making friends
Reply 15
Lettuce
I need BBC so its not too hard to get and i'm kinda capable of getting them so i'm not too nervous about whether I can get the grades. Though I have to say I will be quite far away from home and the first time properly away from my Twin sister so i'm nervous about that and making friends

no worries, we ll be your friends:smile: we ll be our own - Be Nice to People Keele Society:smile:
Reply 16
mrteacher
no worries, we ll be your friends:smile: we ll be our own - Be Nice to People Keele Society:smile:

yey :smile: well atleast i'll some friends :hugs:
Reply 17
geordiepete
Yea, definately!
Hmm...i'll be 20 and 9 months when i come!
You know how we are doing combined honours degrees? Do we get much free time considering we have to study two subjects and csp modules?

Pete

i honestly dont know about that. my course appears to be demanding. but a friend ofmine who is there is very relaxed about it and tells me that the first year is very relaxed and easy.

my course eng & amer lits requires about 40 hours of work outside the classroom/per week and two read two whole books a week - thats the ideal! but i wont be doing that much because i dont want to miss all the social buzzle plus i am on training course and i dont want to start putting on the pounds ive shed so i ll have to go the gym!
Reply 18
if anyone wants..PM and we can add eachohter on msn. :smile: x
hey

[email protected]

I'm doing psychology and biology! So hope thats not too much work outside of the lectures - not that i mind..just hope its not as demanding as my old course (medicine)

Pete

Latest