The Student Room Group

TSR Prison Break Society

Scroll to see replies

Im watching this again after several years not seeing it, still top noottch bro
Original post by Bear_Grylls
Im watching this again after several years not seeing it, still top noottch bro

Amazing isn't it...? :redface:

My Username is really Poisson Distribution :mmm:
Anyone feel like rejuvenating this Society?

I never saw Prison Break the first time around and am just getting to it now (coming towards the end of season 2). But I am told it gets really rubbish after season 2

There are some truly ridiculous things in it (stuff that could never possibly happen, or would be extremely lucky/unlucky - merely in order to make the story work). But the characters in it are so great, that I forgive it and keep going.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7183
Original post by Plato's Trousers
Anyone feel like rejuvenating this Society?

I never saw Prison Break the first time around and am just getting to it now (coming towards the end of season 2). But I am told it gets really rubbish after season 2

There are some truly ridiculous things in it (stuff that could never possibly happen, or would be extremely lucky/unlucky - merely in order to make the story work). But the characters in it are so great, that I forgive it and keep going.

To be honest I preferred season 3 to season 2 as I felt it sort of dragged on. Season 4 took a strange turn for a couple of convicts XD but I'm only 8 or so episodes in and I'll still finish it

Personally my favourite character is T-bag he is so disgusting and the actor is so good, I love to hate him!
Original post by JAJC
To be honest I preferred season 3 to season 2 as I felt it sort of dragged on. Season 4 took a strange turn for a couple of convicts XD but I'm only 8 or so episodes in and I'll still finish it

Personally my favourite character is T-bag he is so disgusting and the actor is so good, I love to hate him!

Tea Bag is superb, you're right. A really good actor! Bellick is a close second in the nasty league.

But you have to love Michael's string, dark silent thing. He so rarely seems to get freaked out by anything. Just has that steely-eyed gaze.

(plus, I am obviously in love with Dr Tancredi.... :yep: )
This thread is back :sexface:

As long as you accept that Season 2 was probably the end of the show and seasons 3 and 4 are just for fun then it's ok. Although the finale and Final Break at the end of season 4 kind of make up for the tosh that was served up previously.
season 2 is a real roller coaster ride so far! Can't believe how many twists, near misses, shocks there are. That is some dense plotting!
Reply 7187
:O I've only started watching it today after hearing a number of people talk about how great it is. I can't believe I didn't watch it before! It's brilliant.
Just watched the whole show this week. Got a pretty bad eye-headache from it, but wow it was well worth it. I can't believe I dismissed this a long time ago.

I don't even know where to start. But in short, the story was amazing, the characters were ALL brilliant - even the less important ones (which I have never found in a tv show before) and it was amazing watching them evolve and change throughout all 4 seasons, as well as their personal life/family dreams once they're "free". There were also a lot of deep messages, like Schofield refusing to kill anybody: "Believe me, I understand the impulse to pull the trigger, but if we loose ourselves we loose everything...", the Ghandi quote on Scofield's grave etc.

S1 was by far my favourite. I loved S2 and S3 (and even S4), but S4 (whilst important to complete the story) seemed a little bit rushed, and "The Final Break" movie seemed unnecessary/anti-climatic given the S4 ending. Imo those are the reasons that the show is rated at 8.5/10 on IMDb and not 9/10.

Bellick was probably my favourite character overall. Such a corrupt badass in S1 and S2. His facial expressions and lines were hilarious.

(edited 10 years ago)
I miss this show big time!
I still havent finished the newest season ;-;

Quick Reply

Latest