The Student Room Group

Did i pick the wrong course?

Hey guys ive been unsuccessful to all my unis for physiotheapy this year, currently going to go for clearing.

I was predicted Distinctions in all modules for an Access to Health course When i applied. I actually ready have my results for the course and achieved distinctions in all science modules (the requirements for most of the unis applied for) and merits in 3 others. Plus a weeks work experience at a hospital, for which they offered to write me a referance, i attached that with my ap. As far as i know my tutor wrote me a good ref too.

I recieved one interview (from Keele) from which i was subsequently rejected. I think my PS was good, all unsuccessfuls were quite late descisions barr 1 uni... So im wondering if my access course is inferior to the A levels in some way, and is it worth me going through clearing

Thanks Iain
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm sorry to hear you have been unsuccessful.
I don't think the Access course is considered inferior to A levels although for some uni's this is going to be the case, especially for some courses where they prefer the traditional route etc, each uni is different in what it requires for entry to a course. Some uni's prefer mature students it all depends.

Physiotherapy is a course very much in demand maybe there were just more people who have had more experience than you and you were just unlucky. It is definitley worth trying clearing! I'm going through clearing myself this year because I decided to switch courses during the application process.. I have been preparing by making note of all the uni's I want to apply to and their phone no's and following all the clearing advice available. Do go through clearing, hope you find somewhere :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Thanks Katstoes :smile: is it worth calling the unis that rejected me previously or would i be wasting my time? (Really got my heart set on Cardiff)
Reply 3
Original post by iainbrooks
Thanks Katstoes :smile: is it worth calling the unis that rejected me previously or would i be wasting my time? (Really got my heart set on Cardiff)

There's no harm in calling them, but sadly if you have been rejected there is not much chance they will re consider you.

Don't give up on clearing though!
Reply 4
Hey guys ive been unsuccessful to all my unis for physiotheapy this year, currently going to go for clearing.

I was predicted Distinctions in all modules for an Access to Health course When i applied. I actually ready have my results for the course and achieved distinctions in all science modules (the requirements for most of the unis applied for) and merits in 3 others. Plus a weeks work experience at a hospital, for which they offered to write me a referance, i attached that with my ap. As far as i know my tutor wrote me a good ref too.

I recieved one interview (from Keele) from which i was subsequently rejected. I think my PS was good, all unsuccessfuls were quite late descisions barr 1 uni... So im wondering if my access course is inferior to the A levels in some way, and is it worth me going through clearing

Thanks Iain

Hi there, sorry to hear that you didn't get any offers. I would really give clearing a go! Although a lot of universities don't publish their places until tomorrow I know that cumbria have some physio places going. It may not be the uni that you want but remember that all physio courses are the same and are all certified by the HPC :smile: Good luck
Reply 5

Thanks Iain

Bad luck!!! I don't think its your qualifications. Its just very competitive for physiotherapy. Try clearing and also think about courses such as FdA degrees in health that you do for a year and then get guaranteed places on the next two years of a health related disipline like physio or nursing etc. This can be a way to get into competitive areas. I think UWE has one for instance which has progression through to physio. Its an example of how it works though so reading it will give you the idea of what I mean. http://courses.uwe.ac.uk/B900/2013

Hopefully though you'll get a direct place on physio during clearing!!!!

Lots of luck

:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending