The Student Room Group

Jason Manford on Trolls and Gary Barlow

Superbly written piece here - have a read and discuss.

Scroll to see replies

Bloody hell. That was incredible.
Reply 2
Brilliant, just brilliant piece of writing.
Reply 3
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Such a shame he had to write that, but the "losing a baby isn't as hard as losing a living child" argument REALLY gets me angry. A woman loves her baby the second she knows she's pregnant- even before, if it's planned. The thought that anyone would write something so horrible about such a tragic event makes me want to turn off my computer and never look at the internet again.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I beg to differ.
Still reading it, but I'm on the edge of my seat right now
Reply 5
That was absolutely brilliant.
Reply 6
What an amazing piece of writing, makes so many valid points, my respect for him as doubled in five minutes of reading time.
Reply 7
According to your profile you're not female and I don't mean to patronise but you honestly don't know what it feels like unless you've been there. Obviously some women don't want to be pregnant and that's different completely, but the Barlows wanted their child.

Also I really don't think now is the place for "when does a woman start loving her child" because you'll only offend/upset someone.

Have you been pregnant before???

You can't simply generalise for every single person.
I'm quite enjoying reading this.
Reply 9
I can't see how that's any of your business.

Its not but since you brought it up in telling me I can't know what its like I'm making an assumption you've probably been in that position before.........
Reply 10
A good read, and I agree with him on everything, but we all know the idiocy of trolls; demagoguery shouldn't be appreciated too much.
I can't see how that's any of your business.

>Makes illogical argument
>Runs away when someone makes a reasonable counter argument

wut
(edited 11 years ago)
But yeah, never really been much of a fan but that was a brilliant article. Especially his comment towards Person D.
Reply 13
A very good piece of writing. My only criticism is labelling these people are trolls. They're either griefers or just plain retarded. I'm inclined to believe the latter.
Reply 14
Probably the best thing I've read online (apart from Wikipedia articles that I used back at school), especially the part about empathy
Reply 15
Original post by Miracle Day
Shut up. Insensitive bastard.

Great constructive response there :rolleyes: Do you write your own comedy??? Or was that meant to be serious???
Original post by Kiss
Great constructive response there :rolleyes: Do you write your own comedy??? Or was that meant to be serious???

I know you have a problem with me but please don't make up quotes and pretend I've posted in a thread.

Thanks.
I know you have a problem with me but please don't make up quotes and pretend I've posted in a thread.

Thanks.

Oooh deleting your post

Stop getting butthurt over the internet just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion.
Reply 18

Thanks.

I wasn't pretending anything; I just found your response hilarious.

If you can't think of a decent reply other than 'Shut up. Isensitive b******' then please don't bother to waste my and your time.
Reply 19
Original post by Kiss
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I beg to differ.

Do you beg to differ just on the particular sentence in question "a woman loves her baby the second she knows she is pregnant" or do you disagree with the idea that a child dying at birth and a child dying after a few years is equally as difficult?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending