The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6220
Original post by FM1994

Then do you think Miami can make some changes to the starting line up and play bosh at PF instead of C. I dont see how Miami can bring players in due to the salary cap.

Only option i can think of is playing Anderson at Centre but i dont think he can play every game, he only can play limited minutes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Switch Bosh to the 4 and insert Birdman into the Centre position would solve the problem
Original post by C-Dawg
Switch Bosh to the 4 and insert Birdman into the Centre position would solve the problem

Switching Bosh to the 4 means playing LBJ at the 3 when everyone knows LBJ gets a ridiculous advantage at PF due to his speed in comparison to them, in addition to the fact that hes strong enough to stay there. Theres a reason why Bosh plays C most of the time. Tbh, the Miami formation is such that the Centre position doesn't really exist anyway.

Lol @ Miller getting Amnestied, I expected it and am happy because he sucks balls regular season then lights it up from 3 in the PO's. Mad contract though, correct decision.
Reply 6222

:lol:

Nelly trying sell some records?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by 419

:lol:

Nelly trying sell some records?

Link didn't show up buddy but ive seen it. Nelly has a point. Kobe is never held accountable in LA. Hes driven Shaq + D12 away from LA. No one wants to play with him because they know hes Kobe, hes going to ballhog and thats it. Nelly's best point was when he said that its everyone elses fault before its Kobes. Fact. Pau, D12 are examples of this.

That silly woman in the middle really got on my nerves, she couldn't name any players on the Orlando finals team and is clearly a massive Kobe nuthugger with no real bball insight whatsoever.

I don't blame D12 at all for leaving the Lakers. Stay on a team where everyones blaming him despite him playing through a TORN LABRUM and STILL putting up the best numbers for a center in the league, play with a ballhog and 40 year old PG with no capspace or chance of having the team built around him until after Kobe retires (maybe 3 years time, by which D12 will be entering the end of his prime) or move to a young team proven to acquire young hidden talent, play with an All star in Harden who can only get better, and have a system tailored to his playing style whilst joining a fanbase that adores him.

Its a no brainer.
It's understandable that he doesn't get blamed though. He's the prodigal son and he's been the constant through their success since magic. He's so loved that he won't be looked at objectively. Also I think the fans might be a bit worried about making him feel unwanted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6225
Original post by Durantula

Link didn't show up buddy but ive seen it. Nelly has a point. Kobe is never held accountable in LA. Hes driven Shaq + D12 away from LA. No one wants to play with him because they know hes Kobe, hes going to ballhog and thats it. Nelly's best point was when he said that its everyone elses fault before its Kobes. Fact. Pau, D12 are examples of this.

That silly woman in the middle really got on my nerves, she couldn't name any players on the Orlando finals team and is clearly a massive Kobe nuthugger with no real bball insight whatsoever.

I don't blame D12 at all for leaving the Lakers. Stay on a team where everyones blaming him despite him playing through a TORN LABRUM and STILL putting up the best numbers for a center in the league, play with a ballhog and 40 year old PG with no capspace or chance of having the team built around him until after Kobe retires (maybe 3 years time, by which D12 will be entering the end of his prime) or move to a young team proven to acquire young hidden talent, play with an All star in Harden who can only get better, and have a system tailored to his playing style whilst joining a fanbase that adores him.

Its a no brainer.

I think she's paid to sit there and look pretty :tongue:

I'll watch it a bit later on :smile:
Quite enjoyed Kevin Hart ripping into Skip and Stephen A on the same show :rofl:
Reply 6227
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Quite enjoyed Kevin Hart ripping into Skip and Stephen A on the same show :rofl:

[video="youtube;qGIueVdsik4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGIueVdsik4[/video]

:lol: :lol:
Right guys, I'm getting in early this year.. TSR 2013/14 Fantasy Basketball League.

Just let me know:
When should the draft be?
I'm proposing around midday on a Sunday, that seems like a time when most would be available.

What type of draft should we have?
Apparently we can do an offline draft and I can just submit the results manually, but that risks us waiting for ages if someone isn't around for their pick. I'd rather we did it online, in which case the options are snake (e.g. round one you pick in one order and round two you pick in the opposite order, so worst pick in round one is best pick in round 2) or auction (bid for players with a certain starting budget for each team.

How many teams should we have?
I guess around 12 is a good number? Idk.
Original post by brighteyes1994
Right guys, I'm getting in early this year.. TSR 2013/14 Fantasy Basketball League.

Just let me know:
I'm proposing around midday on a Sunday, that seems like a time when most would be available.

Apparently we can do an offline draft and I can just submit the results manually, but that risks us waiting for ages if someone isn't around for their pick. I'd rather we did it online, in which case the options are snake (e.g. round one you pick in one order and round two you pick in the opposite order, so worst pick in round one is best pick in round 2) or auction (bid for players with a certain starting budget for each team.

I think we should do the Yahoo fantasy league because its proper structured and they do head to heads each week. Serpentine draft is the best. Screw whoever gets #1 & 2 picks in advance because I know it won't be me haha.

I reckon it may be time for a 13/14 NBA thread too.
Reply 6230

Just let me know:

Good idea to get on it early mate i would be well up for playing. I would say do a Snake draft online would be easiest, 10 or 12 teams I think after that the players get spread a bit thin, need to decide rotisserie or head to head format too I prefer roto but don't really mind if people wanna do head to head guess it would make it a bit more interesting to have match ups
Original post by Durantula
I think we should do the Yahoo fantasy league because its proper structured and they do head to heads each week. Serpentine draft is the best. Screw whoever gets #1 & 2 picks in advance because I know it won't be me haha.

I reckon it may be time for a 13/14 NBA thread too.

I think we can do H2H each week on ESPN too? I don't think we can sign up to yahoo fantasy league yet - not sure when it opens.
I think we can do H2H each week on ESPN too? I don't think we can sign up to yahoo fantasy league yet - not sure when it opens.

Either one is fine with me. Mention it in the new thread bro

Latest