The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Well presuming you choice the three formulas, just pick 3 out of your project and test them.

For instance, the way I tested one of my formulas was by testing a VLOOKUP and making sure it outputed the correct information.

Presuming your basing your Coursework off Excel, this leaves lots of formulas. VLOOKUPs, IF statements, etc.

Hope this helps :smile:

Matt
Reply 2
When showing in the implementation how you created the validation checks...do you have to show the error message that will come out if an incorrect value is added to that cell...?

Thanks a lot
From John
Reply 3
I believe you show what the error message will say. What the error message does (e.g. when it pops up to it's visible to the user) should go in your test plan as far as I know as a test.

Matt
Reply 4
Thankyou.
Reply 5
But In the Implementation stage...when your talking about how you created the validation checks....do you also show the error message that would appear when invalid data is added...or you just simple describe how the validation check was created?
Helpppp please

Thanks a lot
From John
Reply 6
No, you just show how the check was created. Remember that the implementation is to do with how the system was created so that someone else can re-create it without any problems (within theory, of course).

Matt
Reply 7
Yeah but if i show what would happen if incorrect data was put in a cell that had a validation check the following error message would appear so that to tell the user what would be the outcome or should i just simple explain how i created it?

Thanks a lot
From John
Reply 8
You could do either afaik. Put it in and just see what your teacher says :smile:

Matt

Latest

Trending

Trending