The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Honestly I am sorry. I should have stopped but I didn't. And now I know.

I really didn't mean to be drama queen-y. I was just scared. I know I'm a total jerk and have probably caused someone a lot of grief. I've been selfish but right now I don't have the money to be anything but.

And your right. I did come partially for reassurance but only that I wasn't the only one who's made this mistake not for what I did after.
Original post by skunky x

I really didn't mean to be drama queen-y. I was just scared. I know I'm a total jerk and have probably caused someone a lot of grief. I've been selfish but right now I don't have the money to be anything but.

And your right. I did come partially for reassurance but only that I wasn't the only one who's made this mistake not for what I did after.

At least that sounded more genuine. It's not really the point if you're a bit broke though, perhaps the other driver is as well and it isn't even their fault. Come on, how annoyed would you have been if it had been the other way around? If it was minor damage I'm pretty sure between you and your family you could've stumped up the cash. I think people really do lack decency these days. Especially the fact you think that it's normal and acceptable to do this when it isn't, e.g. when you said why am I losing sleep when everyone does this sort of thing.

You did the wrong thing and you should feel bad about it. That's all. Any reassurance is a bit meaningless, just proves they are selfish as well. I just think you should end the thread.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 102
Anyone who changes their morals to suit their circumstances is not a genuine person.
Reply 103
And OP, every one of your single damn posts is all about yourself. You haven't shed a single concern for the other owner. So to come here expecting sympathy, well, you can go **** yourself. This is the problem with society, no damn respect!
I don't even see the point of this thread. Every time someone told you to forget about it, and carry on with your life and awful driving, you listened to them and like that idea, because it was in your best interests.

Every time someone told you to own up and pay the poor owner, you rebuked it, and just left time to get later and later and later and later so that you can eventually claim that it's too far past the incident to own up to anything.

I seriously don't get the point of this redundant thread?
Making this thread was a BIG mistake. I could easily report this thread to the police and have you IP address traced. They could make two and two with any reports opened with the last 24 hours of an incident involving a car with Italian plates.
Hmm, very interesting, very interesting indeed! :beard: I am an off-duty highway patrol enforcement officer and was advised to have a read of this by my son who I believe goes by the name of 'BolloTheGorilla'?? Students eh!

Anyway, you have clearly broken the law young lady and the information you have provided will be used as evidence in a court of law. I have already taken the liberty of tracing your IP address and passed all known details onto the relevant local police force. This is a very serious crime and not to be taken lightly, the fact you failed to report this incident is likely to increase the penalty given. I hope this will teach you a sturn lesson young lady.

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Negotiator
Making this thread was a BIG mistake. I could easily report this thread to the police and have you IP address traced. They could make two and two with any reports opened with the last 24 hours of an incident involving a car with Italian plates.

Negative. TSR won't involve themselves with IP tracking for suicidal posters, you really think they will bother giving IPs out without a court order to the police, and you really think the CPS are going to get a court order for both TSR and the IP's ISP for a minor criminal damage charge?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 108
Except I really did. That would be an outright lie.

Well you are already lying by not reporting yourself to the Police over the incident, I'm sure one more isn't likely to hurt.
wow, TSR community at it's best!

Skunky, relax - unless you completely took a wing off they wont do anything. Carpark dings are a part of driving - I'd put money on every single driver at one point or another has misjudged how far back the barriers are whilst reverse parking or even touched bumpers - they've still "hit" another vehicle but I bet they didn't leave details, thinking "it's just a bumper".

People blaming you or people in similar situations as yourself for high insurance prices are kidding themselves - they're due to uninsured drivers, pure profiteering or for people claiming for new/repair of body parts due to insignificant aesthetic imperfections which really do not need to be fixed. I'm all for preventing claims for damage that doesn't affect the usage/safety of a vehicle - want it to look pretty pay out your own pocket.

And to be honest the fact that you even posted this put you head & shoulders above many of the country that wouldn't spare a thought for it :congrats:
Reply 110
Original post by Pandabär
:teehee: Quite.

Indeed, Twas thus as then as is now or once ever was. I am presently on my bended right knee whilst my right hand cleaves my left breast and head bowed in silent solemnity in your honour. Be well my dear and consider not the frippery of fools!:smile:
Such is that can be moved to articulate such a lengthy response from a single worded reply. Poets have said much more by less. Alas I must retire to my humble flea-bitten rack maintenant, for ale and society of this merry evening have taken their toll. I seek only comfort now in the possible but unlikely slumber of the just.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 111

Holy hell. I reckon you are takjing a lot of flack for being human. Try not to worry about it so much. It is sod all in the great tapestry of one's life. Keep on going forward regardless of the arrows of judgemental ****wits. :smile:
Reply 112
So now you decide to write about it online where police could be reading it or some a-hole could snitch on you?
Reply 113
Yeah... I am more worried about the criminal record part of it. If I phone the police, I may get a record, but if I don't, and they catch me, I may get an even worse one.

She.

Please don't worry about a criminal record. It really does not come into this situation. Your intention, it seems, was not without regard for its effects on the other party. English Law is very flexible. Forget it and move on. It will not come back to haunt you. It is done and dusted. Just think what it may be best to do next time if, per chance, a similar scenario occurs.
Lets face it, most people clip the wing mirrors and drive off - they don't give a damn really. Mine was hanging off when I came back from work one day :frown: thankfully it didn't cost too much to fix it. I always remember to pull them in when I leave it parked anywhere, just for peace of mind.
like in another thread i posted,

drivers like you shouldnt be on the road.
Ok, that makes it seem really bad, like I hit a child and drove off, but essentially I was too far forward and dinked someone's right rear wing as I was pulling out of a parallel parking scenario.

My car just has aesthetic damage, scuffs and a dent (though I've managed to push that out), so I imagine the other car is just scuffed, as I would have hit the corner bit, hence my dent. But I panicked, had no idea what 'details' to leave and drove off. It doesn't help the car was Italian so I've probably just ruined someone's holiday.

Should I do anything? Or just accept I've been a total moron and one of those people everyone hates and hope I don't get caught? My friend mentioned contacting the police, but that would kinda involve me admitting I drove away.

I honestly realise what I should have done now - I am aware how much of a moron I've been. It was just the first time it's happened and I sort of panicked. Not an excuse at all, but it's what happened. Please, I'd really appreciate it if I just had advice. I feel awful enough as it is.

I doubt theres much chance of finding the car on the street, as like you say, it was only in a short stay parking space.
The only thing i can think of is contacting the police and reporting it to see if you can get anywhere doing that. You may be able to find them if they have already got in touch with the police.

Latest

Trending

Trending