The Student Room Group

DIff between MBCHB and MBBS

:smile: Hey guys. I just wanna know what the difference between the MBSHB and the MBBs medical degrees :smile:
One stands for something in English and the other latin (mbbs)

Lol i dont know what and im a medical student haha
click here
nothing other than the letters.

MBBS is awarded by london universities, as well abroad in places like India/Pakistan
MB ChB is the most commonly awarded in the UK and places like Australia.
MB BCh is awarded by Oxford.
BMBS is awarded by Nottingham.
MB is awarded by Southampton.
MB BChir is awarded by Cambridge.

They all give you registration with the GMC.
Original post by Hippysnake
nothing other than the letters.

MBBS is awarded by london universities, as well abroad in places like India/Pakistan
MB ChB is the most commonly awarded in the UK and places like Australia.
MB BCh is awarded by Oxford.
BMBS is awarded by Nottingham.
MB is awarded by Southampton.
MB BChir is awarded by Cambridge.

They all give you registration with the GMC.

K Hippysnake. Thanx. I chekd the net ."Wikipedia" to be exact ; I found that MBChB and the MBBs are treated as the same, although they appear to be two different degrees. What is more recognized...the MBBs or the MBChB? :smile:
One more question. After I am done with uni I will be having one of the above said degrees, most probably MBBs or MBChB, as I will be attending a British university. Because of my degree i will be registered with the GMC right? Does that allow me to practice Medicine in England?
Reply 6
Original post by Thi$ara R@f@el
One more question. After I am done with uni I will be having one of the above said degrees, most probably MBBs or MBChB, as I will be attending a British university. Because of my degree i will be registered with the GMC right? Does that allow me to practice Medicine in England?

Yep, it doesn't matter what the letters are. When you are registered with the GMC (which you will be if you go to a UK university) you will be able to practice in the UK.
Original post by A100whoo
One stands for something in English and the other latin (mbbs)

Lol i dont know what and im a medical student haha

A medical student in what uni?? :smile:
Reply 8
K Hippysnake. Thanx. I chekd the net ."Wikipedia" to be exact ; I found that MBChB and the MBBs are treated as the same, although they appear to be two different degrees. What is more recognized...the MBBs or the MBChB? :smile:

It makes absolutely no difference. They all mean bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery, either in English or Latin and with the letters in a slightly different order. All UK medical degrees qualify you to work in the UK, though if you aren't a UK/EU citizen it may be more difficult to get jobs later on. They are all also recognised in other countries, but you may have to take licensing exams for some places.
Original post by Helenia
It makes absolutely no difference. They all mean bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery, either in English or Latin and with the letters in a slightly different order. All UK medical degrees qualify you to work in the UK, though if you aren't a UK/EU citizen it may be more difficult to get jobs later on. They are all also recognised in other countries, but you may have to take licensing exams for some places.

Thanx 4 de info

They're exactly the same. An MD in the UK is worth more though, but that's post-graduate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending