The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston University

Hello, my name is Kerrie and I work at Kingston University. Either myself or someone from my team can help with any questions about studying at Kingston, what Kingston and the surrounding area is like, or anything else that you’d like to know. If we don't know the answer, we will find someone who will!

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kerrie Gutteridge
Official University Representative
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Kingston University
Hello, my name is Kerrie and I work at Kingston University. I can help with any questions about studying at Kingston, what Kingston and the surrounding area is like, or anything else that you’d like to know. If I don't know the answer, I will find someone who will!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kerrie Gutteridge
Official University Representative

Hi, is Kingston in clearing for BA Criminology? Thanks
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by criminal
Hi, is Kingston in clearing for BA Criminology? Thanks

Hi,
As far as I am aware Criminology is currently in Clearing - although it is a popular course so may fill up quickly.
I suggest you visit our website today to check the entry requirements so you know what you need to get to be considered through clearing and are prepared for tomorrow morning.
I hope that helps, but please get back in touch if you have any more questions!
Kerrie
Reply 3
Hi,
As far as I am aware Criminology is currently in Clearing - although it is a popular course so may fill up quickly.
I suggest you visit our website today to check the entry requirements so you know what you need to get to be considered through clearing and are prepared for tomorrow morning.
I hope that helps, but please get back in touch if you have any more questions!
Kerrie

Okay thanks, I already have it as my insurance choice. So if things get really bad tomorrow and I miss my insurance choice as well then I still have a chance of getting in? (hopefully it wont come to that but just considering all the possibilities)
Okay thanks, I already have it as my insurance choice. So if things get really bad tomorrow and I miss my insurance choice as well then I still have a chance of getting in? (hopefully it wont come to that but just considering all the possibilities)

Hi again,
Unfortunately if you do not get in with the grades you get as an insurance choice, it is unlikely you will get in through Clearing. However it is worth calling up the hotline if this happens as you may be able to get onto a similar course or a joint honours course with Criminology. My main advice is to do as much preparation tonight so you have the numbers/ websites ready to call as soon as you get your results. http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/clearing/

I hope this is all hypothetical though - and you get your grades. Good luck and let me know how you get on!
Kerrie

Hi,
Unfortunately if you do not get offered a place when you are holding us as insurance because things have gone badly - then you won't get a place through clearing for the same course. You may be able to apply for a different course or Criminology as a joint honours - but this will be dependent on your grades meeting the tariff score set out in our entry requirements.

Hopefully this is all hypothetical though and you get the grades you need. My top tip would be to spend today preparing yourself. Check university websites to see if there are any courses you might be interested in - and make a note of (or bookmark) the hotline numbers and course pages. That way, if things don't go according to plan, you will have everything ready and to hand.

Good luck and let me know how you get on!
Kerrie
Reply 6
Hi,
Unfortunately if you do not get offered a place when you are holding us as insurance because things have gone badly - then you won't get a place through clearing for the same course. You may be able to apply for a different course or Criminology as a joint honours - but this will be dependent on your grades meeting the tariff score set out in our entry requirements.

Hopefully this is all hypothetical though and you get the grades you need. My top tip would be to spend today preparing yourself. Check university websites to see if there are any courses you might be interested in - and make a note of (or bookmark) the hotline numbers and course pages. That way, if things don't go according to plan, you will have everything ready and to hand.

Good luck and let me know how you get on!
Kerrie

Thanks, I'd have thought that if a uni has clearing spaces, it would be more lenient in accepting those who have missed an offer? or is that not the case? say for example you miss an offer by 20 ucas points and the uni has extra spaces available?
Hi can you please confirm whether Diagnostic radiography is available in clearing or not?
Reply 8
is economics in clearing and what grades do i need for it
Original post by A-levelStudent123
Hi can you please confirm whether Diagnostic radiography is available in clearing or not?

Original post by CMPUNK
is economics in clearing and what grades do i need for it

Check on http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/clearing/
Original post by A-levelStudent123

Yes that's in clearing I believe
http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate-course/diagnostic-radiography-2012/

But do check

Good luck
Thanks, I'd have thought that if a uni has clearing spaces, it would be more lenient in accepting those who have missed an offer? or is that not the case? say for example you miss an offer by 20 ucas points and the uni has extra spaces available?

Hi, I'm Lauren, Kerrie's colleague at Kingston Uni

If you have missed your Criminology offer by 20 points then it is worth giving our Clearing hotline a call as there may well be some joint honours that you will be able to get onto. Please call our hotline on 0844 842 9599 and for further information visit our website www.kingston.ac.uk

Good luck

Lauren
Reply 12
Hi, I'm Lauren, Kerrie's colleague at Kingston Uni

If you have missed your Criminology offer by 20 points then it is worth giving our Clearing hotline a call as there may well be some joint honours that you will be able to get onto. Please call our hotline on 0844 842 9599 and for further information visit our website www.kingston.ac.uk

Good luck

Lauren

Its okay I just got my results and I got ACC. Its not great but i'll live
Its okay I just got my results and I got ACC. Its not great but i'll live

Congratulations, it's good to hear that you have achieved the required results for the course! We look forward to having you here at Kingston University.

Thanks,

Shazia
Reply 14
Congratulations, it's good to hear that you have achieved the required results for the course! We look forward to having you here at Kingston University.

Thanks,

Shazia

Thanks, is there a car park close to the uni that i can use? I know that the uni itself does not have a car park.. I also have another question, is it possible for me to resit an A2 module whilst at Kingston? I narrowly missed B grades
Hi, im wondering if all the diagnostic radiography places have been taken through clearing=/ ?
Parking is limited and you may have to use one of the public pay-and-display car parks nearby, which include:

The Bittoms virtually opposite the Penryhn Road campus;

The Rose to reach the Penrhyn Road campus from The Rose car park, walk up Kingston Hall Road, turn right at the roundabout and walk along Penrhyn Road; and

Eden Walk a five- to 10-minute walk from the Penrhyn Road campus.

For full details of public car parking in Kingston, please visit www.kingston.gov.uk.

Study for your A2 will depend on your course timetable and how this may affect your course. You will need to discuss this with your course tutor.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Shazia
Original post by hello123450
Hi, im wondering if all the diagnostic radiography places have been taken through clearing=/ ?

Hi, yes there are still some places available through clearing. You will need to check if you meet the entry requirements here: http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate-course/diagnostic-radiography-2012/entry-requirements.html

Good luck!

Shazia
Reply 18
Is the diagnostic radiography course called "healthcare affiliated diagnostic radiography" and is this BSC honours as I keep ringing to check but lines are busy

Thanks x
I still haven't heard and my UCAS track hasn't changed either, what does that mean?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending