The Student Room Group

Some questions please, not really nervous just want to be prepared

Ok, i think I won't meet my offer by one grade.

I have some questions:

- If on UCAS it updates with declined or whatever, should I not waste anytime contacting the university 'pleading' or anything?

- If on clearing the same course I have shows up for the same University, but lower grade boundaries, what should I do? Or would that not happen as if they reject me then they won't offer the course for lower grade boundaries?

- If i miss the offer, could the university offer me the same offer next year or because I already failed they won't make me a second offer?

- I don't want to go to my insurance if I miss my firm, how do I go about cancelling this place if I meet their offer?

Thanks, I'm ready for the worst tomorrow.
Reply 1
- Most of the time you will get nowhere, but some people do get results pleading.

- I wouldn't bother since in effect they would have considered you twice - once when you missed your offer and again when they realised they didn't fill enough places and needed to go into Clearing. They would know they needed more people but they still didn't consider you.

- They could.

- Call them if you get in.
Reply 2
Thanks, just another question.

If I miss my offer and re-apply, do I use my A2 grades?

Also, if I was predicted an A for a subject but end up getting a B and choose to re-apply, will it most likely be predicted a B even though I'd be retaking some exams?

One more thing, I'm retaking in January and will get results around March time? What weight will these results have if they are not given to the university prior to my application? Thank you
Reply 3
Original post by TimetoSucceed

- If i miss the offer, could the university offer me the same offer next year or because I already failed they won't make me a second offer?

This is possible. I know someone who missed their offer and asked for an alternative course (comp sci with business) and the uni replied with a no. So then he asked if they would accept him for next years entry to which they replied yes (he had AAC, comp sci with business asked for AAB so they were lenient).

I think it shows that they choose not to take you because they are already oversubscribed or at their target number so they have no reason to take the 'just missed grade but more dedicated to course' pupil. I obviously could be wrong but it won't hurt to ask for 2013 entry to an alternative course.
Reply 4
Original post by TimetoSucceed
Thanks, just another question.

If I miss my offer and re-apply, do I use my A2 grades?

Also, if I was predicted an A for a subject but end up getting a B and choose to re-apply, will it most likely be predicted a B even though I'd be retaking some exams?

One more thing, I'm retaking in January and will get results around March time? What weight will these results have if they are not given to the university prior to my application? Thank you

Yes. Your AS become irrelevant unless they ask for module marks or you didn't do it to A2.

Not sure but predicted grades aren't relevant after you get your A2. You have a B, and you're retaking so they know you are expecting an A. That's the closest thing I can think of to predicted grades. It's just not a concept that applies anymore.

They will have slightly less weighting. They usually give unconditionals more easily than conditionals but don't think about it too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending