The Student Room Group

Nice yet comfy pair of jeans?

I own too many skinny jeans that look great but definitely are not comfy, the minute I get in - i get changed out of them. I own one pair of nice jeans that are flattering yet dont strangle you "slim jeans" i think theyre called? and i pretty much live in these.. i've had it for years and i basically need a replacement! Any suggestions? I'm a size 6/8 (teeny tiny waist but normal sized bum and thighs/legs - so i find it difficult to find a pair that fit right all over) thanks :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

I use H&M for jeans :biggrin:
Original post by sweetheartbreakin
I use H&M for jeans :biggrin:

Same! All my jeans from H&M are so comfy! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
ralph lauren, i bought mine off ebay but no one knows :biggrin: and they fit brilliantly and look damn sexy!
It probably varies from person to person... I personally don't find topshop jeans that comfy, i prefer gap or M&S. Might not be such a 'cool' brand, but they are good quality, look great, and feel great :smile:
Yeah I use H and M too :smile:
Also I got a really nice pair of slim fit jeans (Baxter I think they were called) in the Topshop sale for £10 the other day, they're really comfy and definitely don't strangle
I have the same lower body shape as you too if that helps
Reply 6
I have the same problem... hard to buy jeans with a small enough waist but big enough for my legs!

If you have a lot of money to spend then I'd recommend citizens of humanity or mother jeans - I tried them on in store and they are sooo soft and flattering! Couldn't afford them :frown: but apparently they last forever. I find GAP jeans are quite good and more reasonably priced.
Reply 7
I got some from Primark. I usually hate clothes from Primark, but they're slim fit and are honestly the most comfortable jeans I've ever worn. They're called super soft skinny jeans and they cost about £11 :smile: I could live in them!!
In my experience, I can't find comfy but good looking jeans :sad: it hurts. Literally, it hurts.
Original post by Louise262
I got some from Primark. I usually hate clothes from Primark, but they're slim fit and are honestly the most comfortable jeans I've ever worn. They're called super soft skinny jeans and they cost about £11 :smile: I could live in them!!

Got the exact same ones :biggrin:! They're the closest to comfortable you can get.
The comfiest jeans I've ever had are from Peacocks, they are suppose to be skinny fit but they look more like slim fit. Cheap and fit great :biggrin:

Reply 11
Definitely the Topshop Leigh jeans, they are so comfy! The indigo ones look smart and feel great.

edit: agreed with the Primark super skinny jeans! I'm not normally a fan of Primark, but they're great if you're on a budget. I turn up the legs at the bottom and they look similar to the Topshop ones, although Leigh's are comfier.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hudson and 7 For All Mankind use really soft comfy denim. Joe's jeans are soft and stretchy, but the material is very thin.

I seem to have developed an aversion towards proper jeans. They feel too constricting, the only jeans I can wear now are topshops 'Leigh' jeans which are so thin they're practically jeggings (which is why I resent having to pay £40 for them!). I see loads of people have said H&M but I'm sure the last time I went there they went up in weird sizes (W25, W27...missing out W26 which is my size) though I have seen some nice chino style skinnies in there that are properly sized (8/10/12 etc)..
Reply 14
Levis Curve ID, they have some in their sale online for like £60 and below, and honestly they're amazing! I'm similarly proportioned to you (although I'm a 10-12) and they fit so well because depending on which curve you are, they actually allow for having hips and a bum unlike most! they're so comfy too, mine are a skinny and honestly, they're just as comfy as wearing leggings to me and I never wore jeans before cause I couldn't find ones that I liked and found comfortable, you can pick the rise on them too which I loved as I hate low rise jeans.
Reply 15
Original post by Louise262

Hey, is it made from a really thin material? I own one pair from primark that i bought years ago.. and im not even sure id class these as jeans! They are like jeggings but with a normal waist/belt/zip.. i guess it is just jeans but "primark quality" lol. I wore them a lot in the summer actually cause it was a gorgeous colour! But, the zipper kept undoing?! Like if i sit down, it would always undo.. are these like that too? If you guys own somehting similar to the pair I have, il give it a pass - if not i may invest as its only cheap!

Original post by >Untitled<
Got the exact same ones :biggrin:! They're the closest to comfortable you can get.

^^ Same reply as above :tongue:
Original post by tpxvs
Hey, is it made from a really thin material? I own one pair from primark that i bought years ago.. and im not even sure id class these as jeans! They are like jeggings but with a normal waist/belt/zip.. i guess it is just jeans but "primark quality" lol. I wore them a lot in the summer actually cause it was a gorgeous colour! But, the zipper kept undoing?! Like if i sit down, it would always undo.. are these like that too? If you guys own somehting similar to the pair I have, il give it a pass - if not i may invest as its only cheap!

^^ Same reply as above :tongue:

No they're a jeans material :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by >Untitled<
No they're a jeans material :smile:

Ooh ok, im going to have to check it out! And to anyone reading, id advise against Topshop, River Island and Jane Norman.. i have a couple of pairs from each (didnt want to judge just by one pair!) All of these look great - especially JN ones, but none are comfy really. Oh also, NEXT's are kinda comfy but if your physique anything like mine - id stay away!
Reply 18
superstretch denim skinny jeans are sooo comfy and nice!!! TK maxx sell them :smile:
American Apparel Easy Jeans. Quite expensive but I will never buy another pair of jeans. The material is stretchy so the denim isn't stiff and uncomfortable, and the shape is so flattering. Wish I could afford all of the colours :frown: :love:

Quick Reply