The Student Room Group

Can I change my offer?

Hello
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by KRUx19
Hello,

I have accepted Hertfordshire for my firm, but I was wondering if I will be able to go to another University such as City because I contacted City and they said that I can get in if I get the GCSE Maths at grade C or above. So, if I decide to go City and not go Hertfordshire what exactly would I have to do?

Thanks

You'd need to ask Hertfordshire to release you from your offer and then apply to City via Clearing (though if you've already spoken to them this will probably just be a formality).
Reply 2
If City has a higher offer you would go through Adjustment.

If City is your insurance you need to ask Hertfordshire to reject you (not release).

If you would go to City through Clearing then you need to get whichever of your Firm and Insurance you make the offer of to release you into Clearing.
Depending on your grades you might have two options:

1. Adjustment. This is when you meet and exceed the conditions of your firm offer, and you can then look at other courses to see what's available while keeping your original firm choice in case you don't find anything.

2. If you don't exceed the conditions of your offer, the only option left to apply elsewhere is to contact your firm choice and ask to be released, which would put you in Clearing. It may take them some time to do this, possibly a few days, which would disadvantage you. There is of course no guarantee that you'd be able to find a new course in Clearing that will accept you.
Alright, thank you for the help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending