The Student Room Group

I got an A at higher so is there any point in doing advanced higher?

so i finished fifth year with only 3 highers, all A's, one of them being maths.im currently taking three more highers plus ah maths.

1)i dont really think i can get an A at AH so is there a point in taking it as ive been told a B at ah is the same as an A at higher.is this true?

2)would i be better off dropping maths to enable me to concentrate on my other highers and also will i likely get any conditionals for mechanical engineering based on my current grades and the 3 highers im taking or would universities prefer i take the advanced higher?

3)the entry requirements state AAAB in one sitting seeing as i only have AAA in one sitting, reallistically what sort of conditional do you guess they'd ask and would i be at a greater advantage with ah maths?

thanks
Reply 1
1) If your thinking of doing the course at Strathclyde then I know for a fact that is true. I'm not sure about other universities but it is quite common for an Ad. H grade to count for one grade higher at Higher.

2) Obviously someone on TSR isn't best placed to tell you what to do but I'd advise that you drop it. Since your probably looking at having to get an extra A and B, it's probably best that you concentrate on securing those grades.

3) Something like AAAAB
Reply 2
Original post by Darrenh800
1) If your thinking of doing the course at Strathclyde then I know for a fact that is true. I'm not sure about other universities but it is quite common for an Ad. H grade to count for one grade higher at Higher.

2) Obviously someone on TSR isn't best placed to tell you what to do but I'd advise that you drop it. Since your probably looking at having to get an extra A and B, it's probably best that you concentrate on securing those grades.

3) Something like AAAAB

thanks that has really helped. i am going to drop it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending