The Student Room Group

informing ucas now or next year..

Doomsday has arrived tomorrow.. I need some advice.
I received offers from Lancaster and Royal Holloway to study Geography starting in 2013, so i deferred my entry until next year. However, after a long consideration I have decided to change to apply to Sussex (still taking a gap year) And so i was planning to apply around Christmas this year through UCAS.

Tomorrow, if i get the grades needed for Lancaster BSc Geography should I inform the university that I do not want to study there in 2013 and then apply for a sussex next year?
Or, am I automatically accepted onto the course (if i get the grades) yet still able to apply again through UCAS next year? Do i need to cancel my offer before i apply again is what i'm trying to ask...
thank you if you're getting the jist
(edited 11 years ago)
You cannot apply while holding a deferred offer. If you meet your current offer for 2013 entry and wish to apply for a different course instead, you would have to first withdraw your application to Royal Holloway before re-applying :yes:
Reply 2
Original post by kfarmerify
Doomsday has arrived tomorrow.. I need some advice.
I received offers from Lancaster and Royal Holloway to study Geography starting in 2013, so i deferred my entry until next year. However, after a long consideration I have decided to change to a nursing degree starting in 2013 (still taking a gap year) And so i was planning to apply around Christmas this year through UCAS.

Tomorrow, if i get the grades needed for Lancaster BSc Geography should I inform the university that I do not want to study there in 2013 and then apply for a nursing degree next year?
Or, am I automatically accepted onto the course (if i get the grades) yet still able to apply again through UCAS next year? Do i need to cancel my offer before i apply again is what i'm trying to ask...
thank you if you're getting the jist

You are not able to apply again through UCAS if you already have an open deferred offer, it will cancel the deferred offer. You should inform the university that you do not want to study there this year and then just make a new application to study nursing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending