The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes, it is still possible and it would take the usual 2 years if you attend a college/6th form full time.

EDIT: I'm referring to getting A levels not actually becoming a teacher, that would require you to study at university after your A levels.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Georgem19
I am 19 years old and wish to become a teacher and was wondering if is it still possible to get the qualifications and also how long it would take?

Yes of course it is possible - go to a further education college and do three A levels - and then apply for a degree with QTS. It will take you 4-5 years.

But please learn to spell - it is can 19 year olds do THEIR A levels. The level of spelling coming from kids these days is terrible and this is one of the reasons why.
Reply 3
I'm 19 starting my A Levels this September :smile:
However I want to go into Child Nursing then on to do Midwifery, you're never too old to get back into education.

Good luck!
Reply 4
Yeah you can. At my college if you're over 19 you have to pay for your course though unless you're from a low income family. My friend had to pay ~£500 per a-level. I'm not sure if that applies to other colleges, though.
Reply 5
Original post by LeaX
Yeah you can. At my college if you're over 19 you have to pay for your course though unless you're from a low income family. My friend had to pay ~£500 per a-level. I'm not sure if that applies to other colleges, though.

Iam over 19 and want to do a-levels , I think i can afford 500 per a levels .so plz let me know which college is that.

thanks
faaz
Original post by LeaX

what college is that?
I'm doing this now, so yes.
Original post by Jibola240

what college is that?

How? do you pay or is it for free if you don't mind me asking.
Original post by Blackstarr
How? do you pay or is it for free if you don't mind me asking.

I'm not sure if the OP meant Teaching qualifications or not, but if he meant GCSE/A-levels, than it's quite straight-forward. I found a few colleges that let people take A-levels exams as a private/external student. I ended up doing Economics and some Maths resits at David games college in London. It wasn't cheap, about £150 to £350 per a-level if memory serves me correct.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm not sure if the OP meant Teaching qualifications or not, but if he meant GCSE/A-levels, than it's quite straight-forward. I found a few colleges that let people take A-levels exams as a private/external student. I ended up doing Economics and some Maths resits at David games college in London. It wasn't cheap, about £150 to £350 per a-level if memory serves me correct.

Ohh ok.
Original post by LeaX

which college is that?
What college do you go to?
Is this still possible? My granddaughter will be 18 yrs old August 2019. She wants to do her a levels at a local school in their 6th form department. She is coming from Ecuador so has been taught in the American system. Can the school still get funding for her? She is a British citizen.
Where are you going to do your A level, I´m looking for a uni to do it. I´m 19 also.
Original post by Georgem19
I am 19 years old and wish to become a teacher and was wondering if is it still possible to get the qualifications and also how long it would take?

Of course you can!
Original post by CC xo
I'm 19 starting my A Levels this September :smile:
However I want to go into Child Nursing then on to do Midwifery, you're never too old to get back into education.

Good luck!

Hi I am 18 years old and I wish to become a dentist ,well I went to so many sixth forms and the majority let me down and said to me you are too old to get into sixth form could you please tell me what can I do and which sixth form does accept 19 years old as it’s tremendously important to me
Thanks
Hi
I am 19 and looking to do A levels.I want to know will it be funded in Bsix or do you have to pay for it?
Have you got a place in a sixth form college? ,if yes can you please suggest me !?

Latest