The Student Room Group

Should i drop it?

Hi,

When i applied for the degree adult nursing on the ucas application i put down my qualfications which were a btec national diploma care and A level psychology. As i am doing the A level this year the result is pending so i was really surpirsed that i got an unconditional place considering with just the btec i had less than the tariff points stated in the prospectus however i do have alot of caring experience and made that known in my personal statement and biographical questionnaire.
So ill get to the point now, i finding doing the full A level Psychology part time difficult and in the jan module test got a U and i really dont think ill get a decent grade at the end of it. So now im just wondering if i should just drop it?
Advice much needed
Keep doing it you might pass :wink:
Reply 2
hellokitty
Hi,

When i applied for the degree adult nursing on the ucas application i put down my qualfications which were a btec national diploma care and A level psychology. As i am doing the A level this year the result is pending so i was really surpirsed that i got an unconditional place considering with just the btec i had less than the tariff points stated in the prospectus however i do have alot of caring experience and made that known in my personal statement and biographical questionnaire.
So ill get to the point now, i finding doing the full A level Psychology part time difficult and in the jan module test got a U and i really dont think ill get a decent grade at the end of it. So now im just wondering if i should just drop it?
Advice much needed

Ask your university. Dropping the subject despite receiving an unconditional offer a risky move if done without the consent of the university.

And is this the only subject you're doing? If it is, I suggest you continue to work on it. It may very well be another qualification under your belt should you do decenty well.
Reply 3
i really dont know what to do. I emailed the university and they said me dropping the A level wont affect my place as i have met the entry requirements with my existing qualifications.
hellokitty
i really dont know what to do. I emailed the university and they said me dropping the A level wont affect my place as i have met the entry requirements with my existing qualifications.

Then if you feel it's too much work and you won't do well, just drop it, but if you're enjoying it, carry on with it and it doesn't matter if you don't do well because you don't need it to meet your offer. Either way, you win! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Then you shouldn't have any qualms about dropping it, althought I would advise against it. Worst case scenario is you fail the subject and don't receive a certificate. Best case scenario........... :redface: :smile:
Reply 6
You should carry on, you might pass.
Reply 7
Thanks everyone for you advice. After thinking about it for a long time.... ive decided not to drop it. I do enjoy classes its just the exams i dont like. I guess it dont really matter what grade i get even tho i would like a decent one.
Reply 8
hellokitty
Thanks everyone for you advice. After thinking about it for a long time.... ive decided not to drop it. I do enjoy classes its just the exams i dont like. I guess it dont really matter what grade i get even tho i would like a decent one.

Good decision, and work hard! :smile:

Latest