The Student Room Group

I got 3 b's.. I think my life is over

I didn't work as hard as I should have and so my a level results were
History-B
Maths-B
Biology-B
English lit-A
Greek-A

My dreams of applying to UCL, LSE or any decent university are dead and I am honestly lost. I don't know what to do, is there any chance that a decent university will accept me? I honestly feel like my life is over

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
OK depressing certaintly... BUT go through clearing and see whether theres something you can get into

your grades arent bad- they are pretty awesome :biggrin:

P.S your life isnt over!! I repeat IT IS NOT OVER!!!
Reply 2
Your grades are fine, how you managed 5 A Levels I don't know. I did three years of A Levels and ended up with three B's, you'll be fine.
Original post by Dannyisnervous
History-B
Maths-B
Biology-B
English lit-A
Greek-A

My dreams of applying to UCL, LSE or any decent university are dead and I am honestly lost. I don't know what to do, is there any chance that a decent university will accept me? I honestly feel like my life is over

It most certainly isn't over. A few hours will give you perspective, but that is a perfectly fine set of results.
Reply 4
get your **** together!!.. those are great grades
(edited 11 years ago)
Don't look at the situation as 'I've got 3Bs', but instead say 'I've got AAB' which is a great set of grades that will get you into some of the top (maybe not UCL, etc, but still good universities) courses.
Reply 6
History-B
Maths-B
Biology-B
English lit-A
Greek-A

You had AABBB which are fantastic grades. The Bs were probably due to taking 5 A Levels.

I'm assuming these are AS?

If so, you can drop an A Level that you didn't like and apply with 4 with predictions of something like AAAA depending on what your teachers think.
Reply 7
History-B
Maths-B
Biology-B
English lit-A
Greek-A

if you think your life is over pull yourelf together you have great results, life isn't just about grades and school work... As I've said so much recently I got badish A level and GCSE's, I went on to get a 1st class honors degree and now work internationally just after graduating this year and I'm applying for medical school. So nope your life isn't over, stop being dramatic and find something you love to do....
Reply 8
Your life is certainly not over! I missed out on my grade requirements by a bit and I too took 5 A-Levels. I got ABBCC and still got accepted into Manchester (which I think is quite a good Uni, but maybe I'm bias :biggrin: ). Just try to calm down and think about this properly before you give yourself any unnecessary stress. There are still good Uni's which will accept you.
And honestly, your grades are not bad, maybe by your standards they are a little disappointing but in the grand scheme of things, they are good grades.
(edited 11 years ago)
Those grades are amazing! Congratulations :smile:
Reply 10
History-B
Maths-B
Biology-B
English lit-A
Greek-A

There are lots of universities that will accept you on these grades, depending on the course e.g. Lots of courses at Birmingham or Leeds make offers on AAB.
:rolleyes:

Oh get over it. Do you know how many people would kill to get those results? You got AAB, those are excellent grades.

If all you care about is going to a "respected" university and not the course you want to get into then I have no sympathy whatsoever.
Reply 12
You think your grades are bad?

I was getting A's & B's last year in school, and now I got 3 U's for my A Levels - just now (purely due to very extenuating circumstances, I didn't receive predicted grades as my final results either, unlike a few others at school).

Your life isn't over. My life isn't over, but how do you think I feel? I'll find another way. Best of luck with everything though! :smile:
These are my AS grades but I'm very disappointed, I apply to uni this year and I'm honestly lost, all the uni's I wanted to apply to won't accept me with these grades
Dude, those grades are good! You'll get into a great uni with AAB.
Reply 15
Are you joking?! You're life isn't over, you will still get into very good unis with those grades.
You can retake some to get As
These are my AS grades but I'm very disappointed, I apply to uni this year and I'm honestly lost, all the uni's I wanted to apply to won't accept me with these grades

If you want an example of why you will be okay, check out my profile. I applied to Cambridge, King's, Nottingham, York and Durham with ABBCC and got offers for the first 4 and a rejection from Durham. It's not the end of the world :nah:

Did you not read what everyone posted? You can still get into good universities with those grades.
Reply 18
You still have a year left to correct those grades, and even if you still got AAB you will still get into a respected University. However, University isn't always about getting into what is known as a top University but is mostly what you put into it.
OP - grow up and if you're that worried you wouldn't be on TSR bitchin' about it, you'd be doing something about it.

Quick Reply

Latest