The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Scroll to see replies

Yeh, I'm having a gap year, really wish I wasn't now! I wana go in September, oh well, just gotta wait...umm...a year and a half practically!
x
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Ignore my above post - will officially be at Brookes in September 2006! I emailed the admissions tutor and she said it was fine I just have to inform UCAS
YEY!
x
Reply 22
xHayley18x
Ignore my above post - will officially be at Brookes in September 2006! I emailed the admissions tutor and she said it was fine I just have to inform UCAS
YEY!
x

wow how come u changed ur mind?! that's absolutely awesome!! how long is ur course? mine is 45 weeks which means i will be in one of 3 accomodation as they are the only ones which cater for a course that length, so if urs is as long as mine?! we will be in the same buildin woo!x
I'm not too sure on how long my course is but I think it is the normal length - not 45 weeks! I don't know where I want to live, I thought maybe Cheney, do you know if Clive Booth is near the Marston Road site?

For a while I had been thinking I really wanted to go this year, I didn't want to stay at home for a year and a half doing a job which is hardly thrilling to say the least!

I got the CRB and medical questionnaire through the post today :biggrin:

x
Reply 24
xHayley18x
I'm not too sure on how long my course is but I think it is the normal length - not 45 weeks! I don't know where I want to live, I thought maybe Cheney, do you know if Clive Booth is near the Marston Road site?

For a while I had been thinking I really wanted to go this year, I didn't want to stay at home for a year and a half doing a job which is hardly thrilling to say the least!

I got the CRB and medical questionnaire through the post today :biggrin:

x

yeh i also got mine today, i'm hoping to send it off before i go to bed tonight but there's lots of photocopying etc to be done!! I'm not sure if clive booth is near marston road but if u look on the actual OB website there is a map showing the location of the acc. in relation to all the sites etc. x
Reply 25
laurah
I had an interview at Oxford Brookes 2 weeks ago for mental health nursing. I found out today that I got an unconditional offer and I have firmly accepted it, so see you there!

Who else will be there in september (hopefully)?

heya, ive got a conditional offer for sociology/philosophy so hopefully i'll make the grades! which halls have you applied for? im hoping to get self catered and ensuite.
Well done!
Reply 27
hello everyone..ive accepted my conditional offer for accounting and finance at brookes.. is anyone here doing the same course as me?

and have u guys applied for the halls already? cos i already did and i havent heard anything from them yet..
Reply 28
am goin brookes 2 for business information systems and i have sent off my halls of residence form but now reply yet. Cant wait
Reply 29
which date are people arriving at? 16th September 2006?
Reply 30
slsl
which date are people arriving at? 16th September 2006?

well i've been informed that 'induction'/enrolment is the week of mon 18th, so i'd assume it would be the saturday or sunday before that, so yeah the 16th. i guess we will be told nearer the time :smile:
Reply 31
does anyone know when classes start? the week after anrolment week, or later?
Reply 32
slsl
does anyone know when classes start? the week after anrolment week, or later?

its the 25th or 26th, it's a tuesday as far as the website says. i looked on the oxford brookes website for dates and things, it says on there that enrolment is sat the 16th through til the next saturday, then 'classes' start on the following tuesday.
Reply 33
thanks
Yay, I'm definately coming to Brookes now! I have got my results - so I shall be seeing you all there.xx
Reply 35
ringlets anon.
Yay, I'm definately coming to Brookes now! I have got my results - so I shall be seeing you all there.xx

how do u already have ur results?! wowsers, i'm also definitely going so see u there! yay!
I do the IB, we got them a few weeks ago. Thank god that is over lol. This is so exciting!
Reply 37
ringlets anon.
I do the IB, we got them a few weeks ago. Thank god that is over lol. This is so exciting!

yay that is awesome. so what accommodation have u applied for? have u been told anything like what date enrolment week is or courses start, etc? cos i have been told some dates but they could be different for healthcare courses etc
Cheney is my first choice but i havent heard anything yet. They said something about sending info to me through the post so I am just waiting for that. I want to know soon so i can get everything sorted lol. I'm sure they will all be starting at a similar time. Is Cheney your first choice too?
Reply 39
ringlets anon.
Cheney is my first choice but i havent heard anything yet. They said something about sending info to me through the post so I am just waiting for that. I want to know soon so i can get everything sorted lol. I'm sure they will all be starting at a similar time. Is Cheney your first choice too?

cheney is indeed my first choice, but apparently no one finds out until results day and after, therefore august 17th and later. cheney is the most popular choice from what i can see so it's a bit of a lottery as to whether u get it or not! or if u live miles and miles away u get a better chance.

Latest

Trending

Trending