The Student Room Group

Anyone else get a really low grade in LITB3?

I got an A at AS level and I've just found out that I got an E in the A2 exam. I'm so shocked, I just can't understand it. I'm not saying that I'm amazing at English or anything but I didn't think I had done this badly. After sitting the exam I felt so happy because I loved the question and wrote some really good points. Did anyone else find that their grade was lower than expected?
Reply 1
I did, I got a D when I've gotten straight A's in everything else. Apparently another girl got a U when she also got straight A's. I asked what board it was but she hasn't responded yet. I think something's gone wrong.
Reply 2
I managed to ask two of my friends and they both got A's. I don't know what to do, there were no teachers at school who I could query it with and I'm not sure I want to pay all that money for a remark. Congrats on the A's by the way :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you. Fingers crossed our grades are just mistakes, my D has pulled my English Lit grade to a B overall and I'm gutted.

I'm a bit panicky now, I've never got anything less than an A in English lit ever. ; A;
Reply 4
It's the same for me, I would have an A had I got a C or above.
Reply 5
Well for me and my friends the AS lit exam was a complete horror where everyone came out with way lower grades than they were predicted. Thankfully for LITB3 i managed to get an A, hopefully you guys can get a remark! All the best :smile:
Reply 6
It just feels surreal. Had a bit of a cry and mum did too but I feel a lot better. Either way, the remarks will show us where we went wrong (if we did).
I wish I knew how the rest of my class did, then maybe I'd know if I'd really done poorly but I seriously loved that paper. I can't fathom how I could've received that grade.

@ Natwaah: Thanks and well done! :smile:
Reply 7
Full marks in AS, yet 85/120 in the A2 exam. That works out as 45/80 raw - how?! :K:
Reply 8
I'm definitely getting it remarked, something funny is going on. My brothers girlfriend is a teacher and she said that the English papers at her school were only half marked.
Reply 9
the aqa english lit exams seriously need to be reformed. A guy at my school got 120/120 in unit 1 but got a D in unit 3 so he got a B overall. I was aiming for an A but got a C in the exam so i too got a B overall. Only 4 students out of about 60 got an A in English Lit at my school which is really weird
Reply 10
I got a D! I got full marks in my both My AS/A2 coursework, so I got a B overall. Luckily I got my uni place, so I'm not disappointed or anything. But the lowest I've got all year in all my mocks is a B, so i was surprised I got a D in the exam.. But never mind, got in to uni :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by hb31
I got a D! I got full marks in my both My AS/A2 coursework, so I got a B overall. Luckily I got my uni place, so I'm not disappointed or anything. But the lowest I've got all year in all my mocks is a B, so i was surprised I got a D in the exam.. But never mind, got in to uni :biggrin:

Congrats on getting your uni place. xD;; <3
Reply 12
Original post by Add!ction
I'm definitely getting it remarked, something funny is going on. My brothers girlfriend is a teacher and she said that the English papers at her school were only half marked.

This seems like a good choice in your situation. The mark can't go down much lower than a D, and it is entirely possible that a big error has occurred in marking your script. Best of luck.

If a university place is in the balance, phone up immediately and explain the situation. They may be able to hold your place until the remark.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending