The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Languages at Univeristy (Possibly very silly question)

Sorry in advance if this really is a ridiculous question, for I fear it may be. I was just wondering if it's possible to take on a language at University with very little or no previous experience in it? I would very much like to combine one with my current degree as I don't plan on living here forever but I have only studied French and Gaelic up until GCSE and I remember very little of it. So, is it possible to study a language at University by starting with the basics?
I'm pretty sure you can, I'm doing modern languages with French, Spanish and beginners' Italian, I don't speak Italian at all. You can probably take any language up as a minor...
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh definitely :smile: it depends where you're going but I assume most places will offer language courses at different levels - at my uni for example you can take several different languages at beginner, intermediate or advanced level. If you're only getting up to a basic level you may not be able to have it count towards your degree (or you might do, it depends). Get researching on uni websites!
Reply 3
Thank you guys! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending