The Student Room Group

Should I email the university admissions?

Hi, i recently receieved my results and they were bad. Needed AAB and got ACC.

I've tried ringing up the university but they are busy, could I email the admissions asking them if it'd be possible for me to receive the same offer for next year?

Only a couple modules let me down and I will be retaking them =/
Reply 1
Original post by TimetoSucceed

I've tried ringing up the university but they are busy, could I email the admissions asking them if it'd be possible for me to receive the same offer for next year?

If you plan on taking a year out and not going into Clearing or anything, I would suggest emailing them next week or something as they'll be busy dealing with everyone wanting to go into Clearing and such at the moment.

Does it actually say "unsuccessful" on Track? If it still says conditional then keep trying to get through.

You have nothing to lose be emailing them to ask.
Reply 3

It would be best to continue trying on the phone. However, if you are 'unsuccessful' on track it is very unlikely that calling the university without any new information (e.g. a remark) would get you an offer. If you are interested in clearing, there is more information here.
Reply 4
Original post by Beska
It would be best to continue trying on the phone. However, if you are 'unsuccessful' on track it is very unlikely that calling the university without any new information (e.g. a remark) would get you an offer. If you are interested in clearing, there is more information here.

Yeah it says unsuccessful, I've accepted I won't be going to university this year but was just wondering if i'd be fortunate enough to be offered the same place next year providing I get the grade requirements in my retakes =/
Reply 5
Yeah it says unsuccessful, I've accepted I won't be going to university this year but was just wondering if i'd be fortunate enough to be offered the same place next year providing I get the grade requirements in my retakes =/

There is still a chance to find a relevant course through clearing!
Reply 6
Original post by Beska
There is still a chance to find a relevant course through clearing!

Had my heart set on this university and this course =[
Hey guys I'm in similar situation to OP. However I have a car and the uni is only 20 mins away. Shall I drive there and ask them personally? I sent an email an hour ago and have been trying the phone since 10 to 10. If I did drive there will they let me talk to someone? I needed ABC or BBB but I got BCC however one of the C's is 3 marks off a B (277/400 need 280 to get B). The B I did get I got an A in one of the modules in A/S if this helps my chances.. if I did drive there and bang on the door would it help? Shows I'm dedicated right? :L
Reply 8
Original post by GrazzleDazzle
Hey guys I'm in similar situation to OP. However I have a car and the uni is only 20 mins away. Shall I drive there and ask them personally? I sent an email an hour ago and have been trying the phone since 10 to 10. If I did drive there will they let me talk to someone? I needed ABC or BBB but I got BCC however one of the C's is 3 marks off a B (277/400 need 280 to get B). The B I did get I got an A in one of the modules in A/S if this helps my chances.. if I did drive there and bang on the door would it help? Shows I'm dedicated right? :L
If Track is showing 'unsuccessful' calling by or phoning is not going to change anything, I'm afraid. Best to heave a sigh and move on to look at other options in Clearing if you haven't an insurance.
Original post by Minerva
If Track is showing 'unsuccessful' calling by or phoning is not going to change anything, I'm afraid. Best to heave a sigh and move on to look at other options in Clearing if you haven't an insurance.

Track shows unsuccessful for my insurance choice. But it still says Conditional for my first choice (the uni I was refering to in my last post).
Thanks guys, so should I wait a week before contacting the university and asking them if they'd offer me the same offer for next year? My AS are AAA but only like 3 modules brought it down to ACC [got a U in one of them] and for sure I'd be resitting them in January and making sure I got an A.

Not to make any excuses but around a week before my last 2 exams my dad told me he had cancer [why couldnt he wait until after i dont know] and that really ruined my concentration, would study then just think about my dad etc. Should I explain this to the university or is it just another sob story they don't want to hear? Fact of the matter is, I had all year to prepare adequately and I didn't so it is completely my fault and no one elses.
Thanks guys, so should I wait a week before contacting the university and asking them if they'd offer me the same offer for next year? My AS are AAA but only like 3 modules brought it down to ACC [got a U in one of them] and for sure I'd be resitting them in January and making sure I got an A.

Not to make any excuses but around a week before my last 2 exams my dad told me he had cancer [why couldnt he wait until after i dont know] and that really ruined my concentration, would study then just think about my dad etc. Should I explain this to the university or is it just another sob story they don't want to hear? Fact of the matter is, I had all year to prepare adequately and I didn't so it is completely my fault and no one elses.

Sounds like a plan.
Thanks guys, just another thing

If the University does give me the offer for next year, would I still need to put in a UCAS application? Thanks again
Thanks guys, just another thing

If the University does give me the offer for next year, would I still need to put in a UCAS application? Thanks again

Unless you're asking for deferred entry in which they will make a decision now, you need to go through UCAS as normal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending