The Student Room Group

Waiting for offer from Clearing

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from a Uni once you've applied there through Clearing? I was told by Keele that they'd send me an e-mail, it's been 4 hours. I'm not worrying, I'm just curious of how much longer I should be waiting!

Thanks,
Matt

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Birchey93
Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from a Uni once you've applied there through Clearing? I was told by Keele that they'd send me an e-mail, it's been 4 hours. I'm not worrying, I'm just curious of how much longer I should be waiting!

Thanks,
Matt

I would have expected you to have that email by now. Probably worth calling them again.
Reply 2
Original post by Birchey93

Thanks,
Matt

Did you achieve a verbal offer over the phone? If so, it should be OK, might be worth calling them again. Just wait until 5pm to add the choice onto your UCAS.
Reply 3
Just been on the phone again, and the they say they have just one person sorting out all the offer e-mails, so I just need to wait a bit longer! Thanks for your help! :smile:
Reply 4
Hi, i just called up a university like half an hour ago and they said that my details would be passed onto the admissions to be reviewed and i would either get an email or a phone call back. I just want to ask how long would it take for them to get back to me?
Reply 5
Apologies, but I just need to borrow this thread for a second.. I've received a verbal and email confirmed Clearing offer from my chosen uni and I've added it on UCAS track, I just wondered it takes for them to respond; by which I mean confirm the place via track.
Reply 6
They should do that as soon as they receive it.. how did your clearing process go??
Reply 7
I'm so glad, I've got a place at Cardiff Uni. I know that there may still be places left so it may be worth contacting them http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/clearing/
Reply 8
I've got the same problem as rural_boy, got verbal confirmation and I added them as my clearing choice and was just wondering how long it usually takes for them to accept via Track
Original post by rural_boy
Apologies, but I just need to borrow this thread for a second.. I've received a verbal and email confirmed Clearing offer from my chosen uni and I've added it on UCAS track, I just wondered it takes for them to respond; by which I mean confirm the place via track.

Original post by WASDuck
I've got the same problem as rural_boy, got verbal confirmation and I added them as my clearing choice and was just wondering how long it usually takes for them to accept via Track

Me too! I'm assuming sometime tomorrow now :s-smilie:
But once you achieve a verbal offer over the phone (bearing in mind Track still hasnt been updated) - is it guaranteed that you will study with them in September?
Been dying to break the news to family, but dont know if I should :L
Reply 11
I received an offer over the phone at around 9:30 am and I have applied through track. I have also sent e-mails to Nottingham but did so quite late in the evening. Does anyone know when they back to you?
Reply 12
Original post by nooneyouknow
Me too! I'm assuming sometime tomorrow now :s-smilie:

Yeah but this is what I don't get because we're supposed to accept their offer by 9am tomorrow aren't we? Yet how we can do when they've not made an offer through UCAS?
Reply 13
hi guys i'de like to know what they asked you over the phone?
Reply 14
I am still awaiting an offer from my insurance as they are still considering me but i highly doubt they will except me 2bh. I want to apply for clearing but my Track page isn't letting me because I still might be accepted by my insurance. I have literally been waiting all day to hear their response and NOTHING. I have called them up as well as UCAS and they are blaming each other. I have honestly had enough and I think I am going mad. ANY ADVISE on what to do?!!!
Original post by rural_boy
Yeah but this is what I don't get because we're supposed to accept their offer by 9am tomorrow aren't we? Yet how we can do when they've not made an offer through UCAS?

I wasn't given a time on when I had to accept their offer maybe they meant you had to apply through UCAS by 9am? Mine just said if I was accepted they'd send me the welcome pack.

Original post by Akloo
hi guys i'de like to know what they asked you over the phone?

They just asked me my grades, name, birthday and UCAS ID. I didn't have my clearing number yet but they managed to do it all without it.

Original post by TB.93
I am still awaiting an offer from my insurance as they are still considering me but i highly doubt they will except me 2bh. I want to apply for clearing but my Track page isn't letting me because I still might be accepted by my insurance. I have literally been waiting all day to hear their response and NOTHING. I have called them up as well as UCAS and they are blaming each other. I have honestly had enough and I think I am going mad. ANY ADVISE on what to do?!!!

Maybe try ringing your insurance in the morning or emailing them and ask to be released ASAP as you want to go through clearing my insurance were really quick about it. Good luck with it!
Reply 16
Original post by nooneyouknow
They just asked me my grades, name, birthday and UCAS ID. I didn't have my clearing number yet but they managed to do it all without it.

did they say they would call you back??
Reply 17
Same problem here guys.
Took ages to successfully access/log in to track. Put my clearing choice at around 7 and it is still "sent for consideration".
I'm going to wake up early tomorrow, get on the phone to them and nag my head off at them to make sure they accept it, since they said it must be accepted by 9am.
Problem is I'm not sure if the 9am deadline was for me to set them as a clearing choice or a 9am to have the whole process finished where they send me an unconditional offer...
Reply 18
Kya, did they first take your details down and then call you back? or did you have it all done in one phone call? how did the process go for you?
Reply 19
Original post by Akloo
Kya, did they first take your details down and then call you back? or did you have it all done in one phone call? how did the process go for you?

I'm holding 2 clearing offers ATM.
First one they asked for my name then DOB then grades and we discussed which course I want to do. Then they sent me an email and said I need to put it in clearing on UCAS after track goes up. They said that I have a deadline by 9am though to accept the offer. Problem now is that I don't know what defines accepting the offer. Me puting them down or them making my offer unconditional?

As for my second clearing spot, thy took my details and called me back. They also requested proof of grades & GCSE grades...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending