The Student Room Group

Will i even get offers if i re-apply?

basically i got BDD when i needed BCC or BBB, which means i didn't get into either firm or insurance uni. :frown:

If i reapply, will i have to put down BDD (even if i am retaking some exams?)
.. if so, would the uni's even bother giving me an offer...? =/
i have had all relevant work ex needed.
You would need to list your grades as BDD on UCAS, but you'd then list the same qualifications again as Pending to show that you're resitting.

Have you thought about trying through Clearing for entry this year?
Have a look through clearing, if you don't find anything you want don't panic - can you resit a few modules to bring your grades up to a C and reapply next year? Can you consider a different university that will take those grades for your subject?
Original post by hello123450
basically i got BDD when i needed BCC or BBB, which means i didn't get into either firm or insurance uni. :frown:

We have an FAQ for clearing on TSR if you're considering this path:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2075878
Reply 4
Original post by Becca-Sarah
You would need to list your grades as BDD on UCAS, but you'd then list the same qualifications again as Pending to show that you're resitting.

Have you thought about trying through Clearing for entry this year?

yep, been through clearing but phone lines are busy so im still trying. i managed to get an interview at kingston though.
Reply 5
Original post by hello123450

The fact your retaking wont hold you back from getting offers if you reapply, unis would look at the usual things like predicted grades and personal statement. I retook on my gap year and got 5 offers the second time round- and I applied with BCC to courses wanting AAB-BBC. And yes you would need to list your original results, you'd then put down the subjects your retaking again as pending.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending