The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Freshers Ball

Hi :smile: I'm really sorry if this has been asked before, but I was just wondering what type of dress is expected for the Freshers Ball?

Thank you very much x
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Reply 3
I have no idea what I'm going to wear, I look ungainly in dresses :frown:
Reply 4
I've decided I'm going to wear a navy maxi dress :smile: Hope it gives you some idea? I bet you don't!
Reply 5
There's a massive variety in dress. Most people will go in formal or semi-formal wear, but it's not exactly necessary. Two friends of mine met at the Fresher's Ball because they were the only two in full black tie.
Reply 6
Hey i was wondering if i could take a date? from another university?
Reply 7
Original post by dinushih
Hey i was wondering if i could take a date? from another university?

NO.

Just kidding, I don't know. Probably. I think you can bring a +1 if you're an Edinburgh student.
Reply 8
What's the freshers ball like? Is it just a massive end-of-freshers party/dance? How significant is it, will it be remembered for the rest of first year or is it boy such a big deal?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 9
Original post by Arianto
What's the freshers ball like? Is it just a massive end-of-freshers party/dance? How significant is it, will it be remembered for the rest of first year or is it boy such a big deal?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Eh, it's not that important. I didn't go to my first one, and I don't feel that I missed too much. It is basically a huge party - a chance to get drunk while dressed up. But it's not the highlight of the year, so do what you want.

Quick Reply