The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes University new student

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by julie.m
i am not sure yet but i think dorset...i hope! how about you?

Clive Booth En-suite, I can't wait to move in now!!!
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 61
Random question but has anyone been emailed or found their required books/reading list on PIP? or maybe they just tell us when we're there? :s-smilie:
Original post by Swls
Random question but has anyone been emailed or found their required books/reading list on PIP? or maybe they just tell us when we're there? :s-smilie:

You will find out your reading lists for books in lesson 1 of your modules ,they are different for each module and lecturers will advise you which is best books to buy.
Reply 63
Okay thanks, I thought that would be the case, but just wasn't sure.
Reply 64
Original post by xoquerida
Oh, I love philosophy! I'll be joining the society for it. :smile: What's your name on facebook?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

'Mannassah Michael Benjamin Weekes' - you shouldn't get too many searches from that!

Reply 65
Hi all, I'll be studying Business and Management this Sep :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
Hey heyy, Brookes people :biggrin:
I'm starting Publishing and English in September... Haven't found out about accommodation yet though (mainly because I sent it off today :colondollar:)
Reply 67
Original post by MWeekes
'Mannassah Michael Benjamin Weekes' - you shouldn't get too many searches from that!

You were right when you said that I wouldn't get many results - I didn't get any at all! :frown: See if you can find me instead - Natalie Stringer. I'm wearing a red shirt in my picture. :biggrin:

Reply 68
Original post by Anna.Khanzadi
Hey heyy, Brookes people :biggrin:
I'm starting Publishing and English in September... Haven't found out about accommodation yet though (mainly because I sent it off today :colondollar:)

Hey! I'm doing English too :biggrin: yep, welcome to the I'm-waiting-for-accommodation group :frown:

Hey :smile: Im doing English Language and Communications in Septmber :smile: Anyone joining me :smile:

Btw, I have a question...

I applied to do Law and didnt get in, so I went through clearing and did EL and C. Was wondering whethere I had to re apply for accomodation...or will OB use the application I sent when I intended on doing Law?
Hey! I'm doing English too :biggrin: yep, welcome to the I'm-waiting-for-accommodation group :frown:

Yayyy!! I posted something similar, saying what course i'm doing, on the Brookes fb page. Got loads of responses, but i'm never sure of what I'm meant to say after!! xD

Though, they're supposed to get back to everyone on accomodation on the 31st. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait :biggrin:
Reply 71
Original post by Anna.Khanzadi
Yayyy!! I posted something similar, saying what course i'm doing, on the Brookes fb page. Got loads of responses, but i'm never sure of what I'm meant to say after!! xD

Though, they're supposed to get back to everyone on accomodation on the 31st. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait :biggrin:

Oh! I commented on your post! :biggrin: I'll add you, hihi~
I'm so excited to move! I've started packing some stuff away already. The 31st seems so far away though... I know that it's not, but I'm feeling so impatient! :biggrin:

Oh! I commented on your post! :biggrin: I'll add you, hihi~
I'm so excited to move! I've started packing some stuff away already. The 31st seems so far away though... I know that it's not, but I'm feeling so impatient! :biggrin:

Ahhh, I'm so slow I only just realised! XD
My brain is in complete shut down atm :colone:

I haven't started packing at all, it's terrible! I'm so not prepared, but sure I can pull it off last minute (probably, hopefully LOL). If not, dad's an hour away and I'll call him if I really need something :colondollar:
I'm feeling pretty impatient too... More for the 15th to come though :biggrin:
Reply 73
Original post by Swls

hi, i dont know yet either, i have not heard anything....
Reply 74
Original post by julie.m
hi, i dont know yet either, i have not heard anything....

Hello :smile:, Apparently we just get told when we're there. (from what I've heard anyway)
Original post by Swls
Hello :smile:, Apparently we just get told when we're there. (from what I've heard anyway)

Yea each individual list depends on modules (so until your modules are confirmed you wont know) and lecturers will reccommend which to buy
Reply 76
Oh my goodness! I'm doing Eng lit too! :biggrin: I'm Natalie, it's nice to meet you! :biggrin:

I'm Shannon, nice to meet you too :smile:
Which halls have you applied for ?

Reply 77
Original post by Swls

I just got an email, im going to be in slade park... but it says for 'art and design foundation students' so maybe its for us?? (we start way earlier too.) hmm kinda weird..
Original post by julie.m
I just got an email, im going to be in slade park... but it says for 'art and design foundation students' so maybe its for us?? (we start way earlier too.) hmm kinda weird..

Hia

I am also in Slade Park (a 4th year) - In C Block.

The group below is the Official Slade Park 2012-13 FB group . Join it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/409249809106197/

Do you know what block you are in ?
Reply 79
Original post by julie.m
hello, i am a new student to oxford brookes doing the art and design foundation course starting in september. any others starting a their first year?

:smile:

hello there! you're doing Art and Design!how fun is that :biggrin: :smile:

I'll be starting Interior Architecture this Sept, and I'm an international student. I love that Brookes has a lot of international students which is one of the factors that made me choose it as firm choice tbh. I don't have accommodation yet as the admissions took forever to send the code I needed for halls application so I'm doing it just now...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending