The Student Room Group

Bad AS Grades! PPE Oxford/Warwick

This poll is closed

Do I need to resit english and philosophy?

Yes - i.e. to get in for PPE this is a very very good idea 0%
No - it's A2s which are important, do the 3 A2s you got As in and forget AS100%
Total votes: 2
Hi TSR
Today I got my AS-level grades, which were not what I was hoping for. Both me and my teachers are shocked and I'm getting re-marks. They think this is down to bad marking. Can I have some advice just in case they don't change about whether or not I need to re-sit?
I want to apply for PPE at Oxford and Warwick.
My grades are: History: High A, French: High A, Maths (2/3 exams sat): a, English: B, Philosophy (part of PPE!): C.
So AAaBC essentially. Will turn into AAABC for sure (almost) once I've done C1 (maths module) and maybe better if re-marks are successful.

So the question is: should I apply for PPE this autumn with AAaBC or should I only do so if this gets marked up to AAa and maybe As in english and philosohpy? I have 9 A*s at GCSE btw. DO I NEED TO TAKE RESITS AND A GAP YEAR OR NOT!?
Original post by Will:)
Hi TSR
Today I got my AS-level grades, which were not what I was hoping for. Both me and my teachers are shocked and I'm getting re-marks. They think this is down to bad marking. Can I have some advice just in case they don't change about whether or not I need to re-sit?
I want to apply for PPE at Oxford and Warwick.
My grades are: History: High A, French: High A, Maths (2/3 exams sat): a, English: B, Philosophy (part of PPE!): C.
So AAaBC essentially. Will turn into AAABC for sure (almost) once I've done C1 (maths module) and maybe better if re-marks are successful.

So the question is: should I apply for PPE this autumn with AAaBC or should I only do so if this gets marked up to AAa and maybe As in english and philosohpy? I have 9 A*s at GCSE btw. DO I NEED TO TAKE RESITS AND A GAP YEAR OR NOT!?

You can resit modules alongside your A-levels, so you can continue on to A-level, apply to university as normal and re-sit any AS modules you want. If you don't get the offers you want then you still have the option to take a gap year and re-apply the following year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending