The Student Room Group

I have failed my A levels, what now?

Scroll to see replies

u mad bro?
Reply 41
how did you manage to do that?
If you fail AS Levels then, is it still possible to do A2s?
Failed my a2 is there a way of still getting in uni
Hi so, I know I'm going to fail my AS levels. I just know it, I didn't work hard enough and I lacked. I really did want to do well but because I had a quick change of environment, I went from A* student to a lacking 'party animal' as my dad called me. I met new people and tried new things that I really do regret and I know that as soon as I open my results, I'm just going to disappoint my family and myself. There is nothing that can be done to change last year and what I done however when I do get my results and get the fails that I deserve, what other options will I have around the situation? Thanks Till x
Haven't read any other persons posts so sorry if I've what others may of said.

Why did you fail first of all? and do you feel as if you can handle it again given the chance? Or is it too hard? Coming from a BTEC background, I knew when going to college that A levels was definately not for me. So if you think you've made the wrong decision there is still time to switch it up. I would recomend looking into alternative routes. What specifically in CS do you want to do? Because I doubt you want all the skills that you will have to learn during CS (this be Artificial intelligence, cryptography, programing, cyber security, etc) The best routes in IT/Computing are apprenticeship, BTEC or even microsoft certifications/similar certifications. Although the latter requires quite a few before you get into a decent job position, and also have to be renewed every 3 years or so. Can be done cheaply through a school though. Life is not over, maybe your parents wont let you go Magaluf but who cares right? It's just full of older people trynna be young again lmao. Life aint over, you're at your strongest whenever you fail. Also bare in mind, I believe you only need 3 a-levels to get into university correct? Main ones for computer science would be computing, maths. So maybe reduce your stress by removing a-levels you don't want to do.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending