The Student Room Group

Thread for S5 pupils.

Hey guys,

Thought I'd make a thread for all of us going into fifth year after the summer, just to discuss how our Highers and stuff is going, and anything regarding preparing for going to uni, ie. work experience, ECs, etc. Basically just a thread to chat about how S5 is going, cos lets face it, this year is pretty damn important! :eek:

2014 uni entry FTW! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Just started 5th year yesterday and so far its fine, like all my subjects(maths,english,physics,chem+history) this year but double history will be the death of me!
Original post by nerd434
Have you all returned already? School doesn't resume until next Thursday for me.

In Glasgow state schools started yesterday, are you private schooled?
Yeah I'm not back until Wednesday...?
Reply 4
Just started back today, was quite a change from getting up at 12. Not really doing much at school yet as lots of classes are being changed but generally I am looking forward to doing subjects which I mostly enjoy :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
Original post by Nydous
Just started back today, was quite a change from getting up at 12. Not really doing much at school yet as lots of classes are being changed but generally I am looking forward to doing subjects which I mostly enjoy :smile:

Cool, glad to hear it! What subjects are you doing this year?
Reply 6
Higher English, maths, physics, chemistry and computing. What about you?

Original post by nerd434
No, I'm at a state school as well. Our school terms are odd, it really just depends on the region you live in.

We probably get weird days off throughout the year and you just get a longer summer probably :smile:
Reply 8
Hi guys! :hello:

I'm doing Higher Maths, English, Chemistry, Biology and French this year. I'm enjoying all of my subjects so far but I'm kinda anxious about English, two essays in one hour and a half scares me :eek:
Original post by andrewmc96
I'm kinda anxious about English, two essays in one hour and a half scares me :eek:

It's not that bad after a few practices but my hand tends to die with about with about 15 minutes to go and that is not fun :nah:
Hiii everyone :biggrin:
I'm doing Higher Chemistry, Biology, Geography, English and Int 2 Maths this year :biggrin:
Our school term started this Thursday, and I'm already loving it :biggrin:

Does any of you have NAB's coming soon? My first NAB (Maths I think) is at the beginning of October.
Reply 11
Original post by Nessie162

Does any of you have NAB's coming soon? My first NAB (Maths I think) is at the beginning of October.

I have an English writing NAB on September 7th then I have a lot of NABs in October.
Reply 12
Ah, 5th year, how I miss thee.
Anybody needing help with maths I can definitely do, physics and chemistry likely can help, biology and english I can probably advise, but remember very little these days.
And good luck all!
Original post by andrewmc96

I'm doing Higher Maths, English, Chemistry, Biology and French this year. I'm enjoying all of my subjects so far but I'm kinda anxious about English, two essays in one hour and a half scares me :eek:

Exact same subjects that I did.
Original post by Slumpy
Ah, 5th year, how I miss thee.
Anybody needing help with maths I can definitely do, physics and chemistry likely can help, biology and english I can probably advise, but remember very little these days.
And good luck all!

I'm going to hold you to that! :tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by TheAdequateGatsby
I'm going to hold you to that! :tongue:

If I'm busy, f38 is great anyways, and ukdragon37 will definitely turn up within a few minutes:p:
Original post by Nessie162
Hiii everyone :biggrin:
I'm doing Higher Chemistry, Biology, Geography, English and Int 2 Maths this year :biggrin:
Our school term started this Thursday, and I'm already loving it :biggrin:

Ha. Exact same subjects as me apart from geography. I am doing Higher Technological Studies instead. Glad to see it is not just me who is doing Int 2 maths around here.

Anybody else around here doing Technological Studies?
Hey, well anyway I went back to school on Wednesday and we had a new timetable, I wanna get into Oxford or Cambridge for a Uni (i know im aiming high), I picked Modern Studies, History, Maths, English, Chemistry as highers

I also had a question, I did an A level fairly recently and I was curious to see whether that counts are Advanced Higher level or not.
Original post by Proud_Student
Hey, well anyway I went back to school on Wednesday and we had a new timetable, I wanna get into Oxford or Cambridge for a Uni (i know im aiming high), I picked Modern Studies, History, Maths, English, Chemistry as highers

I also had a question, I did an A level fairly recently and I was curious to see whether that counts are Advanced Higher level or not.

What do you mean if it counts as AH? It's generally the equivalent to an Advanced Higher, yes.
Reply 19
I got AAAA in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Computing (C in Mod Studies). Doing AH Maths, Physics and Computing this year. So feel free to ask any questions if you need help! /A sixth year

Latest

Trending

Trending