The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Is it possible for me to live at home?

Hull was my insurance choice to study German with Translation Studies...and I believe I am most likely going to have to choose Hull as Leeds probably won't have any clearing spaces for German.

Anyway, I digress. Due to the short notice, I've not applied for accomodation. Is it possible for me to live at home (which is near Pontefract) and still attend the university when I need to?

Thanks for any replies...I'm a tad wazoopa in the head right now since I'm confused! :redface:
Reply 1
As long as you can get transportation sorted to and from the uni then I really don't see why not? :s-smilie:

I applied to uni through clearing really late in the game and still managed to secure a place in uni accommodation. Have you tried the accommodation office?
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by .phantom
As long as you can get transportation sorted to and from the uni then I really don't see why not? :s-smilie:

I applied to uni through clearing really late in the game and still managed to secure a place in uni accommodation. Have you tried the accommodation office?

I'm in the process of trying to sort it out, just haven't been able to talk to anyone thanks to the damn weekend! I want to make sure I send the right application form off, since there are a few on their website and don't want to send off something wrong. After a long hard think (Aided by Kopparberg) I arrived at the decision that finding accommodation's best :smile:
Reply 3
Good luck! When I went 5 years ago it wasn't uncommon for them to put extra students up in little camp beds in the shared rooms until they got a permanent room sorted. And don't worry if you get given a shared room, they're horrible but in every situation I knew about in my block, one of the two people went crazy and dropped out, leaving the remaining person with an extra huge room, a bed for friends/relative staying over etc. It definitely wasn't too late when I applied anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest