The Student Room Group

I only got my grades because of resits, will i struggle at Uni?

I got the grades i need for Uni, but only managed to because of resits.
out of 2 years worth of exams I have resat almost every one of them (resitting some modules 2-3 times), and now I feel like maybe I don't deserve my grades (not looking for attention) even though I tried my best every exam season.
But will this cause a problem for me a university?
I'm doing engineering and am told that its one of the most challenging and demanding courses.
Have I set my self up for failure?
Learning at university is so different to learning at school. Be aware of your own strengths and weaknesses and try your very best. You will be fine - everyone struggles at something. Resits happen at university as well.
Well you still had to try hard and revise for the resits, so you definitely deserved them :smile: its not like they made the exams easier for you or anything.
Reply 3
Original post by ReTurd
out of 2 years worth of exams I have resat almost every one of them (resitting some modules 2-3 times), and now I feel like maybe I don't deserve my grades (not looking for attention) even though I tried my best every exam season.
I'm doing engineering and am told that its one of the most challenging and demanding courses.

A-Levels are so different to uni study that you can do well in one and not the other. Remember most uni courses have a higher emphasis on coursework than exam, which might suit you. I had to retake 'just' to get BBB and thought I'd struggle, however I've got 2:1's and 1st's for nearly every piece of coursework and 2 out of the 3 exams I took.
Original post by ReTurd

What grades did you get?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Reply 5
So long as you now understand the material you have learnt at A level and you work hard from day one at uni, you will probably be okay.

Unfortunately, it is easy when starting uni to get caught up in the new enviroment hoopla and let the study side slide. Not a good idea in engineering as catching up can be very hard work. Enjoy freshers week, but once lectures and labs start make sure you attend and attempt any practice questions. If you don't understand ask, don't expect the lecturer to volunteer information or chase you to complete work. Aim to pass first time, you normally only get one further attempt at uni and your mark may be capped.

Good Luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending