Scroll to see replies

Original post by xXxSharkxXx
Did I make a joke?

I see you post like every week about a doff subject. Thats why its funny

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
I see you post like every week about a doff subject. Thats why its funny

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to do Geography really but I'm having doubts because people say it's a mickymouse subject and not respected.
Original post by xXxSharkxXx
I want to do Geography really but I'm having doubts because people say it's a mickymouse subject and not respected.

You want to do IB, so (allegedly) it's all about Brand Cambridge for you. The degree is immaterial... (although Cambridge WILL care that you care about your degree choice, if you don't its likely you won't have a successful interview).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
You want to do IB, so (allegedly) it's all about Brand Cambridge for you. The degree is immaterial... (although Cambridge WILL care that you care about your degree choice, if you don't its likely you won't have a successful interview).

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do like Geography quite a bit. I do have a real interest in it but I'm not sure if it will give me the best graduate prospects.
Pity....
I know quite a few Cambridge geographers, all graduated in recent years, now in various jobs/postgrad courses. Could've offered some potentially useful advice, but was told to 'swerve' so that's what I do. :wink:
Original post by vincrows
Pity....
I know quite a few Cambridge geographers, all graduated in recent years, now in various jobs/postgrad courses. Could've offered some potentially useful advice, but was told to 'swerve' so that's what I do. :wink:

You swerved and drove onto his feet :rofl:
Original post by ccfctom
Do you think it would be worth picking up Further Maths AS next year and telling them this?

Yes definitely. Even do some over the summer as it will help your interview. The better your maths the higher the chance of an offer.
Pity....

PRSOM!
Original post by C0balt
You swerved and drove onto his feet :rofl:

Original post by jneill
PRSOM!

:biggrin:

While I was swerving, I picked up those.....

Spoiler

Where did those UMS come from???????

:tongue:

Spoiler

Lol, wow it's not that deep. I told you to swerve because you were questioning me as if you were the police.

Spoiler

Well I can just lol :lol:
I don't know what to think anymore :lol:
Original post by Colmans
Yes definitely. Even do some over the summer as it will help your interview. The better your maths the higher the chance of an offer.

Do they ask further maths questions or maths in general in the interview?
Reply 4572
Original post by ccfctom
Do they ask further maths questions or maths in general in the interview?

Are you applying for Maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Economics
Hey everyone, I am an american applicant for economics and these are my scores? Could I get into econ at Trinity?

my stats are:
5 on AP World History
5 on AP English Language
4 on AP Calc AB
4 on AP US history
3 on Psych
2 on Macro (retaking and I self studied)

34 ACT

The tests I am taking next year are:
AP Physics C mechanics
AP Physics C E&M
AP Macro
AP Micro
AP Calc BC
AP United States Government
AP European History
AP Statistics
AP Computer Science

predicted 5s for all except physics
Original post by skycolor
Hey everyone, I am an american applicant for economics and these are my scores? Could I get into econ at Trinity?

my stats are:
5 on AP World History
5 on AP English Language
4 on AP Calc AB
4 on AP US history
3 on Psych
2 on Macro (retaking and I self studied)

34 ACT

The tests I am taking next year are:
AP Physics C mechanics
AP Physics C E&M
AP Macro
AP Micro
AP Calc BC
AP United States Government
AP European History
AP Statistics
AP Computer Science

predicted 5s for all except physics

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/usa

Yes I did see that, but that does not translate to my chances of receiving an offer. I am wondering if i will be turned away without even an interview. Thank you though!
Yes I did see that, but that does not translate to my chances of receiving an offer. I am wondering if i will be turned away without even an interview. Thank you though!

Cambridge admission is a bit more complicated than just having good grades equals offer. They look at all aspects of application holistically and individually, so it's near impossible to answer to you question by just looking at your grades.
Also, there aren't many here who're familiar with US's AP, I'm afraid.
One thing I can say is that, even they interview more than 80% of UK applicants, they invite international applicants to interview only if they have realistic chance of getting offer.

Cambridge admission is a bit more complicated than just having good grades equals offer. They look at all aspects of application holistically and individually, so it's near impossible to answer to you question by just looking at your grades.
Also, there aren't many here who're familiar with US's AP, I'm afraid.
One thing I can say is that, even they interview more than 80% of UK applicants, they invite international applicants to interview only if they have realistic chance of getting offer.

It's similar for Internationals - if you are on target to meet or exceed your course's entry requirements you will very probably get an interview. But I don't think they have interviews in USA so you would need to travel to Cambridge. Obviously visiting Cambridge is expensive but gives you the chance to look around. The colleges provide 1 day free accommodation for international interviewees.

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/international-students/overseas-interviews
Original post by jneill
It's similar for Internationals - if you are on target to meet or exceed your course's entry requirements you will very probably get an interview. But I don't think they have interviews in USA so you would need to travel to Cambridge. Obviously visiting Cambridge is expensive but gives you the chance to look around. The colleges provide 1 day free accommodation for international interviewees.
/QUOTE]

How does this work for courses that UCL and LSE which do not provide interviews?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending