The Student Room Group

MEI/Edexcel

Hey all
well i've begun exam revision for maths, and i've got some of my brothers old textbooks, the textbooks are 'MEI structured mathematics Pure Mathematics 1' and the relevant pure 2 and stats books.

to put it simply, i find it really really REALLY easy following the work set out in these books compared to the edexcel textbook school gave us.

what i would like to know is, what are the main differences between the MEI board and the Edexcel board?

is there a chart somewhere i can 'consult' about things which i can miss out of this book and have to do from the other book?

would be a great help if someone could point me in the right direction!

thank you all!
Reply 1
Hey,

[Off Topic slightly]
Would it be possible if you gave me the ISBN number of the MEI Textbook you stated above? I could do with a decent one as the one I have is crap :smile:

Cheers,

Matt
Reply 2
heya
the pure one is:
0-340-77194-1
printed by hodder and stoughton

pure two is:
0-340-77195-X
again, by H&S
dont hve the stats one to hand at the mo.

(bearing in mind, I find this easy! you may not! but it is a good textbook nonetheless, explains everything thoroughly!)
Reply 3
Much appreciated, thanks!

Matt
Reply 4
The best Maths revision guide for Edexcel is the Advanced Maths Essentials serie published by Longman Core 1, Core2, Core 3 and Core 4 for Edexcel. They are cheap-6.99 and a CD included, lots of worked exemples, questions from past papers, etc. They have the same format for other exam boards.My friends and I used the books for the As Maths, and I am using them to revise now, I would strongly recommend them to everyone.Core 1 ISBN 0582 83663 8, Core 2- 0582 83666 2, Core3 0582 83669 7, Core4- 0582 83672 7.

Latest