The Student Room Group

What courses can i get into with A*AA ??

Ive achieved A*AA (chem, bio, maths) and im just wondering what are the best courses I can realistically get into and the best unis i can get into aswell

I dont think i would still get into any med or dentist courses
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Medicine, Dentistry pretty much anything you want, all the doors are open for you young one.
Reply 2
...anything you like
Reply 3
well would it narrow it down if I said i only wanted to study a "top" uni

Plus, my trio of subjects dont allow me to apply to anything surely
Reply 4
you got those grades but u dunno how to research the best uni's for u and what course you could do?

o-kay:confused:
Reply 5
Have a look around, see what takes your fancy. Your the one thats going to be in a job for the next 30+ years based on your degree.
Literally any Med, Vet, Dentistry, Biochem, Chem, Bio, so much. Those are Oxbridge, UCL, Duhram, Imperial, any university anywhere grades. As long as you interview well, have good work experience and PS as well. For any Uni below the top 5/6, an average PS will get you in with those grades. Are you going through adjustment, or reapplying next year?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by melevin9
well would it narrow it down if I said i only wanted to study a "top" uni

Plus, my trio of subjects dont allow me to apply to anything surely

Your trio of subjects are perfect for Med, Vet, Chem,Biology, Dentistry, Biochem. You can apply and get in to any Uni, but maybe a good PS and work experience for Oxbridge & UCL.

Reply 8
Photography
Reply 9
The problem with med/dentistry is that my gcse grades fall below their criteria as i only have 5 A*/A grades at gcse

Would I still get considered
The problem with med/dentistry is that my gcse grades fall below their criteria as i only have 5 A*/A grades at gcse

Would I still get considered

Maybe, phone some uni's up and ask. Do you have any extenuating circumstances?If your grades are well above the average at your school(like if you went to a really bad state comp), they may take that into consideration. Also, what did you get in your other gcses or is it that you have 5 GCSE's which are all a*\a?

Reply 11
May I suggest the University of Southampton for any of those 3 subjects.
Reply 12
Original post by Sheldor
Maybe, phone some uni's up and ask. Do you have any extenuating circumstances?If your grades are well above the average at your school(like if you went to a really bad state comp), they may take that into consideration. Also, what did you get in your other gcses or is it that you have 5 GCSE's which are all a*\a?

To be fair I did actually go to one of the worst high schools in my county. I got a few B's at gcse.

I think the med school admins care more about gcse's than frikin a level results lol
Next year, anything you want really.

In Clearing, anything you want at unis in clearing.
Reply 14
To be fair I did actually go to one of the worst high schools in my county. I got a few B's at gcse.

I think the med school admins care more about gcse's than frikin a level results lol

John Hunt in Basingstoke?
Parklands High in Liverpool?
Reply 15
i was thinking of engineering but i think im very restricted to what i can actually apply for seeing as i dont have a Physics a level
Get into Petroleum work, or Geology work, good money!
Reply 17
For someone with outstanding results, you do seem to lack common sense.
It's obvious that you'll find any med courses with those tbf.
Original post by ghanglish
Photography

Just about the only thing he is not equipped for, because he won't have an art portfolio.

The actually don't. Maybe you should utilise google, do a bit of research and phone some schools up. You can do literally anything in the biology/chemistry, healthcare fields. Look up courses, figure out what interests you. What were the gcse a/a*s in? As long as you didn't get C's in gcse maths, and Triple Science, the admin will take into account that you did very well for your school. Look on the TSR medicine forums, dentistry forums etc. and ask around, look up things on Uni websites, choose which Uni you would like to live and work in for the next several years, you can't have gone this long without google! Unfortunate if you hate research, but it's got to be done. Just know that all the doors are open, so take chances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending