The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Will they still accept me?

Hello,

I have a conditional offer from the University of Edinburgh for Business Studies, needing grades BBB. However, I JUST missed the offer, got BBC. My C grade was in maths, and I got a score of 414/600, which works out to be 69%. Do you think they will still accept me? It's been 24 hours since I've gotten my results, and after 2 phone calls to the admissions office, my UCAS track still stands as 'Conditional' in the Edinburgh column. I'm really nervous because I can't do anything but wait, and I'm scared that the longer I wait, the less number of good spots from Clearing will be left available. :s-smilie:
Original post by KBryant
Hello,

I have a conditional offer from the University of Edinburgh for Business Studies, needing grades BBB. However, I JUST missed the offer, got BBC. My C grade was in maths, and I got a score of 414/600, which works out to be 69%. Do you think they will still accept me? It's been 24 hours since I've gotten my results, and after 2 phone calls to the admissions office, my UCAS track still stands as 'Conditional' in the Edinburgh column. I'm really nervous because I can't do anything but wait, and I'm scared that the longer I wait, the less number of good spots from Clearing will be left available. :s-smilie:

We honestly don't know - in the past Edinburgh have been very strict on offers and do not accept people who miss their offer. This year some people who missed their offer (AAA and achieved AAB) have been accepted, but given the general entry requirements for the university are BBB its likely that with a C grade (regardless of how close to a B) they might not have a place. Have they given you an idea of how long they'll take to get back to you? A lot of people are complaining about Edinburgh being quite rude and unhelpful on the phone this year.

Have you had a look at options in clearing? You can try phoning universities, explain that you're still on a conditional offer status and see if they will discuss options with you. You might be able to negotiate offers anyway.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending