The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
even in the coursework- u still have to have the 'implementation' part of it, which means a teacher watches and marks u on a practical... well in OCR anyway
Reply 21
For Edexcel there are 2 options: Normal and Nuffield. In the normal one, you have to do a written practical exam (like on synthesis of things in the lab) and a practical exam, which is TBH, really easy, since you can take your notes into the practical (not the written though). On Nuffield, you do coursework instead, which involves designing an experiment, performing an experiment (not necessarily the same one), and then interpreting data (not necessarily the data taken from your experiment!).

I think it is inevitable that you will have to do some practical component, whether as an exam or as coursework - it is chemistry after all!!
No, because I am doing 'normal' edexcel biolgy and have still had to do my courswork (on enzymes).
Reply 23
Yeh take the OCR paper it all crswrk base
Reply 24
Champagne-Dahling
You can take a written paper instead of the practical coursework module, i think. (I'm pretty sure that applies for OCR papers.) Check out the website.

Yeah I guess but not for Edexcel.
Reply 25
DartsOfPleasure
No, because I am doing 'normal' edexcel biolgy and have still had to do my courswork (on enzymes).

The written alternative (w1) is for international students only
Neo~
The written alternative (w1) is for international students only

It actually isn't..... If you're a private candidate, then you are allowed to do this paper as long as you do it at an 'internationally accredited Edexcel centre' in the UK.