The Student Room Group

Retaking A levels at uni?

So i got my results back yesterday and I got a AAC, with a C in maths. I got into my first choice university for computer science, but was 9 UMS off a B in maths. I got an E in mechanics paper 1, and i know i'm easily capable of at least a C in M1 to bring me up to a B in A level maths. So i have a couple of questions.

Would it be possible to retake it during uni to bring it up a B, how would i go about it, and would it be worth doing so?

Thanks
Original post by Just Josh
So i got my results back yesterday and I got a AAC, with a C in maths. I got into my first choice university for computer science, but was 9 UMS off a B in maths. I got an E in mechanics paper 1, and i know i'm easily capable of at least a C in M1 to bring me up to a B in A level maths. So i have a couple of questions.

Would it be possible to retake it during uni to bring it up a B, how would i go about it, and would it be worth doing so?

Thanks

Why would you bother?

Trust me, no-one is going to ask you about your A levels when you're at university, and certainly not after you've graduated :biggrin:
Reply 2
Just thinking about graduate jobs and when they ask for A's and B's at level for their cut off system when accepting applications

Quick Reply

Latest