The Student Room Group

overall AS grade boundaries - cant find right tables

I posted this on the sticky, but it's soo huge I got ignored.

I managed to find out that my chemsitry (edexcel) was a mid C, but I've looked on the aqa and ocr website for my other subjects but can't find the right table.

Even if you can't actually tell me, if you've only got the link to the right pages, of the overall AS grade boundaries it would be great.

I did aqa psychology A (1181) and got 124 points in total. I also did ocr geography (h083) and got 126 points in total. Can anyone shine any light on the situation? I'm assuming as they both had 2 exams, they'll be similar, but my chem had 3 units so I got 191 and got a C.

PS i'm assuming the points are UMS?
Original post by Clare~Bear
I posted this on the sticky, but it's soo huge I got ignored.

I managed to find out that my chemsitry (edexcel) was a mid C, but I've looked on the aqa and ocr website for my other subjects but can't find the right table.

Even if you can't actually tell me, if you've only got the link to the right pages, of the overall AS grade boundaries it would be great.

I did aqa psychology A (1181) and got 124 points in total. I also did ocr geography (h083) and got 126 points in total. Can anyone shine any light on the situation? I'm assuming as they both had 2 exams, they'll be similar, but my chem had 3 units so I got 191 and got a C.

PS i'm assuming the points are UMS?

All sciences are out of 300. All arts/social sciences/humanities are out of 200.

Boundaries for Sciences are:
A - 240
B - 210
C -180
D - 150
E - 120
U - < 120

Boundaries for arts/social sciences/humanities:
A - 160
B - 140
C - 120
D - 100
E - 80
U - <80
Reply 2
Thanks :smile: My mum said that when she got her results, they gave her tables with this kind of thing in, but all we got was a slip saying each module, the points and the grade.
Thanks :smile: My mum said that when she got her results, they gave her tables with this kind of thing in, but all we got was a slip saying each module, the points and the grade.

Oh I see, I don't think they include the tables anymore then as I've never heard anyone mention them :redface:
Reply 4
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Oh I see, I don't think they include the tables anymore then as I've never heard anyone mention them :redface:

My mum did this about 7-8 years ago. It was just a slip with random stats like the tables you wrote out, perhaps it was something the college did themselves to help the students :dontknow:
All sciences are out of 300. All arts/social sciences/humanities are out of 200.

A - 240
B - 210
C -180
D - 150
E - 120
U - < 120

A - 160
B - 140
C - 120
D - 100
E - 80
U - <80

Does this apply to all subjects and exam boards? :smile:
Original post by sunny_veggies

Yes to subjects - though I'm not sure about CIE or CCEA, sorry :redface:
Reply 7
Original post by sunny_veggies

I'm assuming so as UMS are the same for all exam boards for the same exam and it follows my scores, which are from 3 different boards. And I specificed the different boards in my OP.
Yes to subjects - though I'm not sure about CIE or CCEA, sorry :redface:

Ok thanks :smile: The exam boards are the same as the OP's so I guess they do!

A - 240
B - 210
C -180
D - 150
E - 120
U - < 120

A - 160
B - 140
C - 120
D - 100
E - 80
U - <80

Thanks for posting this! :smile: I was wondering, do you know if these boundaries are correct for A2 (for arts/soc. sci/humanities)? :
A= 320-400
B= 280-319
C= 240-279
D= 200-239
E= 160-199

And by any chance do you know what the A2 boundaries are for sciences? (biology)- I'm an AS student but want to work out how realistic it is for me to move up a grade :colondollar: I have 234 ums in biology (it's a B- 6 ums off an A... But I'm aware that A2 will be harder). Thanks for any help! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by feelinginfinite

And by any chance do you know what the A2 boundaries are for sciences? (biology)- I'm an AS student but want to work out how realistic it is for me to move up a grade :colondollar: I have 234 ums in biology (it's a B- 6 ums off an A... But I'm aware that A2 will be harder). Thanks for any help! :smile:

I'm pretty sure that they're just double the AS, seeing as they're weighted equally.
Original post by feelinginfinite
Thanks for posting this! :smile: I was wondering, do you know if these boundaries are correct for A2 (for arts/soc. sci/humanities)? :
A= 320-400
B= 280-319
C= 240-279
D= 200-239
E= 160-199

Sciences at A2 are out of 600, and anything else is out of 400. So to find the overall boundary you just double the AS boundary i.e. an A at AS is 240 therefore to get an A at A it is 480 :smile:

I'm pretty sure that they're just double the AS, seeing as they're weighted equally.

Exactly :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest