The Student Room Group

ABCC - What to do?

With one of the Cs (Chemistry) I was 3 marks from a B. But I did really bad in my unit two paper which was a shock after getting an A in unit 1. Should I resit in January whilst doing my A2?

Also, the other C was in physics which I plan to drop but it was a pretty low C. Should I just drop it or will it look bad on university applications? I'll have three A2s along side it but not sure if I should try and boost it up?

Thanks.
Reply 1
Most universities will only ask for 3 A2 levels, so don't worry about it. The only problem arises when they specify an AS level too (so AAAb for example). You'll need to do some research into the universities/courses you wish to apply for to understand completely with what to do. However, the usual advice is just to drop it. You don't need it and you don't want to be wasting time studying a subject to the detriment of the 3 other A2 levels that you need for your offer.

And yes, if the C is bothering you, it's probably best to resit in January. You will understand the work a lot more when studying it alongside your A2 modules, and really, you have nothing to lose by retaking it. If it's worse, just stick with the result you already have! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest