The Student Room Group

University of Bath - MSc Management / MBA

Hello, I recently gained entry to the University of Bath to study BSc Sociology for the next 3 years and I could not be happier!

Since I wish to veer off into Management after my undergrad degree, I am extra excited since Baths management school is top dog I hear.

My question is, Will a 2:1 in Sociology from Bath be enough to for me to be in for a chance of getting a place on a postgraduate Management course at Bath?

Cheers x
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
I'm applying for BSc sociology at Bath for 2013 entry and I am really desperate to get an offer, now i've seen Bath no other uni seems to
appeal to me as much. I got my As results yesterday A- sociology A-english lang C- English lit C-French (dropped for A2). Just wondering
whether you think these i'll have much chance of getting in with these grades?
Sorry I didn't answer your actual question but I hope you love it at Bath! :smile:
Reply 3
My AS grades weren't that great, I got ACCC - But my personal statement (I was told) was astounding and I was predicted A* in Sociology. It seems with AACC you definitely have a chance of getting an offer!

BUT STILL! - ANYBODY WANT TO HELP WITH MY ORIGINAL QUESTION?
Reply 4
Thankyou! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Priest94
My AS grades weren't that great, I got ACCC - But my personal statement (I was told) was astounding and I was predicted A* in Sociology. It seems with AACC you definitely have a chance of getting an offer!

BUT STILL! - ANYBODY WANT TO HELP WITH MY ORIGINAL QUESTION?

Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answers to?

Except for a few Oxbridge business courses, the proverbial postgraduate entry requirement UK-wide is a 2:1 (or less). Moreover, universities tend to prefer the 'home grown' for many obvious reasons. You might be able to squeeze in even with a decent 2:2 (in Bath). Understand we're talking about MSc Management, for MBA you'll need (usually) several years of works experience.

But why bother asking here when you'll have the chance to ask them in person few weeks removed from today?
Reply 6
Just wanted to know, I guess I'm impatient?
Reply 7
Hi i have got the offers from bath school of management, bristol university, warwick business school and cass business school .I want to pursue masters in management. Being an international student I dont have much idea about universities and their overall ranking. Please help me in deciding the best university .
Reply 8
Hi i have got the offers from bath school of management, bristol university, warwick business school and cass business school .I want to pursue masters in management. Being an international student I dont have much idea about universities and their overall ranking. Please help me in deciding the best university .
Reply 9
Original post by smgoel

LoL what a nice joke ...

I've seen thousand of people in this forum boasting themselves about getting offer from Warwick so now I doubt Warwick is that easy to get into or these people just want to discourage others by making up a story.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending