Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
dont know
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
It should be I reckon .. any more comments or advice ?
Reply 3
yeah, i think it should be if u have the minimum required grades. its prob the easiest economics course. the hardest is economics with actuarial studies (I do it and the units that i have to take are much tougher than regular economics ones). what did u choose initially?
Reply 4
Depends if you have the right grades, if there is space on the course, if Management will release you to Economics and if Economics will accept you.

Also you would need to pick all the compulsory economics modules so you could transfer some time during the year otherwise you wouldn't have the right pre requisites.
Reply 5
Yah I applied for Economics and Management Sciences through extra so will have to wait for their reply till next wk .. however the enry requirements for economics and politics is much lower like ABB and i have ABCa so I might try for that in case I dont get in for Eco and Management.... Eco and Pol sounds interesting as well :smile:
Reply 6
Economics and Politics is very good. Management is cool though, the modules seem quite interesting and the seminars seem better than normal Econ masterclasses. Lots of projects/group work, so depends if you like that kinda stuff.
Reply 7
Yeah I dont mind that .. A bit shy though but have to gain confidence some way or the other .. Hope I get in ... I should be able too i reckon !! I mean they require an A for maths gcse but I got a C in maths extended IGCSE and i emailed them and they said they'll consider my application though :smile:
Reply 8
Depends on what demand for places is like and general competition. Good luck :smile:
Reply 9
Yeah but if there was competition then it wouldnt be on EXTRA would it?
Reply 10
But extra can be competitive too can't it? I don't know how it works i'm afraid :smile:
Reply 11
Yea thats true. Well I've emailed the admissions tutor and yea she sounded kind of hopeful !
Reply 12
I think that your ok as long as said beore it isnt a competitive or oversubscribed subject.
Reply 13
yeah i doubt its oversubscribed ... lets see !!!
The only thing is that I didnt tell her I resat my exams and I said that UCAS didnt put up some of my A level grades (was their mistake) so I faxed in my results !! Hope that doesnt put them off !
Reply 14
Hi,
Since this topic is a bit about econ., I have a question to Sophdoph.
How many students from the econ dept. have secured a good internship this year?
By good I am thinking of an internship at a good IBank, front and middle office + big 4 and management consulting companies.
Reply 15
To be honest I don't know. I have an internship at Deloitte and quite a few friends have PWC or KPMG internships, or Actuary placements, heard of a couple with IB's but don't know them personally so not sure if they actually got placements or just got to interview.

We have loads of good links with the Big 4, IB's, other banks and consulting firms and many careers fairs and they are keen on Soton grads by the sounds of it.
Reply 16
Well I sent the Admissions tutor an email (raymond O'brien) .. Hope he's a cool person .. he replied back saying that he will review my application :smile: is that a good sign? He could have rejected me cus he knows my grades etc etc
Reply 17
ammarb87
Well I sent the Admissions tutor an email (raymond O'brien) .. Hope he's a cool person .. he replied back saying that he will review my application :smile: is that a good sign? He could have rejected me cus he knows my grades etc etc

O'Brien = legend! Mathematical genius. It's better him reviewing it than rejecting you but it probably won't make any difference overall; they'll accept you if they have space and think you are a worthy candidate but if they end up having loads of extra applications then they might not accept you - just like usual uni applications. Keep us posted anyway and good luck :smile:
Reply 18
Yeah I hope so. I am short of 10 points even after restting my exams in Jan but come on, I took a gap year and gained experience. Takign extra math classes in the summer to polish my maths skills n yeah ..

does anyone know when the uni reopens for the staff? Tomorrow? I really want them to make a decision quickly.
Reply 19
Probably open again today or tomorrow. Nothing you can do to speed up the decision making process though so don't worry about it.

Latest

Trending

Trending