The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sopdoph How is the O'Brien guy ? I mean is he flexible ? Did you ever get in touch with him while applying to the course ? .. Hope he has some sympathy and lets me in :smile:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 21
Flexible? No. Sympathetic? No.

Very intelligent and considered bloke, loves economics, but I wouldn't describe him as sympathetic or flexible. He will accept people onto the course that he believes fit the criteria and are right for it. I never had any contact with him in the admissions process but he's one of my lecturers.
Reply 22
oh right. Well lets hope he lets me on the course even though I dont have all the grades ..
Reply 23
Hey guys .. Just thought I should update you guys .. well i emailed the undergraduate admissions tutor (Someone called Murphy) and she said that they will give me a decision asap and they are glad that I am soo keen to come to Soton ... She also says that she understands my situation (have no offers at the moment etc etc) ... Do you think its a positive sign in any way?
Reply 24
Lets hope huh :smile:
Reply 25
I think you are reading way too much into it. The decision will come when it comes, they have loads to do..they only just moved offices and are always rushed off their feet! They are gonna be as sympathetic as they can, of course, but nothing you do can speed up the decision making process now :smile:
Reply 26
Yeah i know what u mean ... its just the nature of the situation at present .. oh well she said she'll make a decision as quickly as possible .. shje said that they are glad that i m very keen to come to Soton #(hope thats a positive sign) .... Hopefully by the end of this week I should hear smth !!!
Reply 27
I GOT IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sooo happy. I hope SOTON is the best for me .. look forward to seeing all u ppl .... yyyyyyea !
Reply 28
Excellent well done!!
Reply 29
Congrats Hun! :biggrin:

Latest